Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.15%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What are the consequences of compromise in a case registered under IPC 279?

A false hit and run case has been registered against me under IPC 279. The complainant is interested for compromise in criminal case. I would like to know the consequences of the compromise. Would a compromise mean that I have committed the crime? Would the records of Police reflect me as a criminal?
    If a compromise is made, what would be its effect on the ongoing civil case against me which is on the verge of conclusion (only three or four dates remaining). I was and I am having a valid driving license and insurance policy since the date of accident reported by complainant.

I would specifically like to know that whether I would be having any difficulties in getting the VISA (after making compromise) in case it is required in future?
    Can I apply for this kind of information under RTI act? If yes could anyone confirm the complete procedure for the same?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.51%
    Monthly Activity
    3.72%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: What are the consequences of compromise in a case registered under IPC 279?

You will not get such information under the RTI act.
    @cjkarira

Name:
    CleanCorruption
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.15%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: What are the consequences of compromise in a case registered under IPC 279?

Quote Originally Posted by Mpapreja View Post
    Would a compromise mean that I have committed the crime? Would the records of Police reflect me as a criminal?
    Absent a court order convicting you - you are innocent. The role of the police is only to file a plaint, conduct investigation (purported to be their opinion) and give it to court.

If a compromise is made, what would be its effect on the ongoing civil case against me which is on the verge of conclusion (only three or four dates remaining). I was and I am having a valid driving license and insurance policy since the date of accident reported by complainant.
    If there is no death, then you find out if the IPC 279 is Compoundable (Can withdraw). If the matter is in the court, try mutual quash u/s sec 482 CrPC.
    If there is death then I doubt.

I would specifically like to know that whether I would be having any difficulties in getting the VISA (after making compromise) in case it is required in future?
    Absent a court order convicting you - you will get Visa. The DS-156 ( US Visa) only asks if you are convicted of any offense.

Can I apply for this kind of information under RTI act? If yes could anyone confirm the complete procedure for the same?
    How will RTI help you ? Unless you think the police is withholding something or some public authority is withholding something, how will this Act help you.