Name:
    Diwakar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DHBVN Billing issue

Hi,

My query is "can DHBVN disconnect the electricity connection within one week of the last payment date because of non payment of bill? (when you are not at home) and when there is a current billing issue (no arrears) and when you have put up the complaint/application in writing to DHBVN requesting to correct the bill and change the meter. Below is my case:

I live in Gurgaon and recently I had received my electricity bill which was several times more than the regular bill I get. I submitted application to respective DHBVN office in Gurgaon and provided all the details. I have also escalated the issue to the senior officers. I have also followed up several times related to my problem. Same month I went out for few days and when I came back I was shocked to see that my Electricity connection was disconnected and my meter was taken away from the locked panel , and the lock was broken. You can imagine in Summers what you have to face with your family and when you open up your Refrigerator (full with items) which is not working from past few days...... Luckily I had one contact number of Senior DHBVN officer and I called and the officer helped me and send someone to check, When I checked with DHBVN staff who came to check they told me your connection is disconnected because you have not paid the bill. Is DHBVN not suppose to reply in writing when there is a complaint of a customer? I can not explain how much harassment, pain, frustration, sleep less nights one and the family has to face when you follow the right process to resolve such issues. I was surprised to see the number of such cases in the office. Men, women, old citizens were running around from one desk to other for help . Every second person was there because of the wrong billing/meter problem. You can get help only if you pay a so called "service charge". I think this is a story of common man. I would like to acknowledge and mention that I came across with one person in the entire DHBVN team (I interacted with ) who tried level best to help me and I wish we can have more such people in the system.

Best Regards

Name:
    ambrish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DHBVN Billing issue

Dear Diwakar

1. U can file RTI application with PIO of DHBVN (http://www.dhbvn.com/main/information/handbook.pdf) for copy of rules applicable. RTI application as per: Haryana RTI Rules and Fees - RTI Guide

2. U can file action taken report on your ordinary complaint (if was filed in written). Please refer to the blog Any thing pending with Govt. (by JPS 50 Sir): http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ding-govt.html for a suggested format.

3. Also read this: blog

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards