0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Postal Order / DD in favor of whom?

I plan to file an RTI application with the Public Information Officer at the Punjab & Haryana High Court at Chandigarh. I wish to get information about a past court case. But I am not clear as to in whose favor the IPO / DD (for payment of application fee) is to be drawn.

Rules for fee payment (http://highcourtchd.gov.in/rti.pdf), made by the Chief Justice of High Court of Punjab and Haryana (under the the Right to Information Act, 2005), state as follows:

"Deposit application fee as per rule 7 by paying adhesive court fee, or in any other form so determined by the competent authority, from time to time."

But said rules are silent about name of account in whose favor the IPO / DD should be drawn i.e. if other modes of payment are utilized by the applicant.

Even the website (High Court of Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh) of "High Court of Punjab and Haryana" is silent on the above subject.

Please guide about the following topics:

1. Is the payment of RTI application fee through IPO / DD acceptable by "High Court of Punjab and Haryana"?

2. In whose favor the above IPO / DD should be drawn?

Thanks
    Right Is Right

Name:
    Ranjit Jadhavrao
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Postal Order / DD in favor of whom?

Dear Mr. Aggarwal,

If the High Court has not specified the name, please send the blank IPO with a specific mention of it in your RTI application. I think the 'adhesive court fee' means Court Fee stamps of Govt. of Punjab.

In case of Supreme Court, I was advised to send the IPO in favour of 'Accounts Officer, Supreme Court of India' or 'Registrar, Supreme Court of India'. See what helps you.

Name:
    R N Aggarwal
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Re: Postal Order / DD in favor of whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Whistleblower View Post
    Dear Mr. Aggarwal,

If the High Court has not specified the name, please send the blank IPO with a specific mention of it in your RTI application. I think the 'adhesive court fee' means Court Fee stamps of Govt. of Punjab.

In case of Supreme Court, I was advised to send the IPO in favour of 'Accounts Officer, Supreme Court of India' or 'Registrar, Supreme Court of India'. See what helps you.
    Dear Ranjit Jadhavrao,

I telephoned the APIO (authorized person) at Punjab & Haryana High Court. He was very nice to reply to my above queries.

He told me that only adhesive court fee stamps should be used for this purpose & that I could get the same from Gurgaon or Faridabad.

But when my son went their to buy them, the stamp vendor told that the adhesive court fee stamps are same all over India.

If it is so, then it solves this problem for all i.e. RTI application in a court can be filed from anywhere in India. Please let me know your views.

Thanks.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.95%
    Monthly Activity
    290.17%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Right Is Right View Post
    when my son went their to buy them, the stamp vendor told that the adhesive court fee stamps are same all over India.

If it is so, then it solves this problem for all i.e. RTI application in a court can be filed from anywhere in India. Please let me know your views.
    Thanks.
    Thanks for sharing.

regards

Name:
    Ranjit Jadhavrao
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Mr. Aggarwal,

What we can derive from your info is that all high courts come under state RTI and only the Supreme Court is covered under Central RTI act, hence the IPO I was asked to attach.

Thanks for sharing this useful info which will surely benefit all the members of this portal.

Regards

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.52%
    Monthly Activity
    1550.73%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Mr. Aggarwal,

What we can derive from your info is that all high courts come under state RTI and only the Supreme Court is covered under Central RTI act, hence the IPO I was asked to attach.

Thanks for sharing this useful info which will surely benefit all the members of this portal.

Regards
    That is not correct !
    ALL HIGH COURTS in the country only come under the jurisdiction of the CIC and the second appeals/complaints will lie only with the CIC.

Under Sec 28, the "competent authority"can frame rules to carry forward the provisions of the act. The CJ's of the High Courtshave framed the rules.Please read:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/49164-...tml#post120980
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/45738-...ation-act.html
    Follow me on Twitter @cjkarira

Name:
    R N Aggarwal
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Mr. Aggarwal,

Regards
    I think, under RTI Act 2005, every public institution has to pass its own instructions / rules.

But in any case, all court fee can be paid through adhesive court fee stamps (which are common all over India); and in that case we do not have to bother as to in whose name Postal Order has to be drawn.

Thanks
    Right is Right

Name:
    R N Aggarwal
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.94%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    That is not correct !
    ALL HIGH COURTS in the country only come under the jurisdiction of the CIC and the second appeals/complaints will lie only with the CIC.

Under Sec 28, the "competent authority"can frame rules to carry forward the provisions of the act. The CJ's of the High Courtshave framed the rules.Please read:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/49164-...tml#post120980
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/45738-...ation-act.html
    I agree with you.

As per RTI ACT, I also think, separate rules should be framed for each of the subordinate courts, by their individual competent authority.

Going by the precedence adopted by the Hon'ble Chief Justices of various High Courts as sited by you; then the rules framed by Supreme Court should be applicable to all the High Courts also.

Thanks
    Right is Right

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription