Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default passport status enquiry

hi sir,
    i'd applied for fresh passport at lucknow office, passport.
    i send the all necessary documents given in the check list by speed post, as given on the envelope of form.
    my application no is 728175.
    how can i check the status of my application form ?
    pls suggest me some method to get the status of my application form.
    thanking you.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: passport status enquiry

hi abhishek,

give your complete file no. alongwith the date of application.

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.11%
    Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Abhishek V Singh,
    Please check your file no ,it should be of 7 digits and not 6 as given by you.

For passport status visit :-
    Indian Passport, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India
    In Status Page , choose Lucknow ,then enter 7 digit file no. It will , hopefully ,show present status.
    Good luck.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

o p sharma,

abhishek v singh is actually the serial no. on the application form and not the application file no. given by the passport office.

Name:
    danendra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Issue of Passport Ref: A005210 /07 dated 04.02.2007

I had lodged complains against Ranchi Passport office several times to Department of Public Grievances and Redressal. They all the time forwarded the E Mail to RPO Ranchi and this phenomenon continued for a year and more. They could not ascertain the reason for non submission of police verification report from Hazaribagh Thana, They could not ensure that the verification is done at new place of posting, they could not instruct RPO Ranchi to issue passport as because the applicant is wife of an officer working in a government bank, they could not recommend for amendment of rule or allow issuance of passport as an exceptional case as because the husband of applicant has to move from place to another as per transfer orders. No application of mind on the merit of case is the custom and tradition prevalent in perhaps all departments.

As such they neither know how to ensure execution of rules nor do they desire to amend rules which are blockage in the path of smooth functioning and which opens scope of corruption. Obviously such departments are burden on the government treasury and hence qualify for closure. After all they are a central body fully empowered and especially meant to look into the grievances of common men and give them remedy and punish those officers who tarnish the image of the country.

More than two years have passed but no result has precipitated till date. I had lodged complaint in your website too and I have been waiting for turn around in the system, not only issue of passport to Mrs. Pinki Jain who applied for the same on 04.02.2007.

It is worthwhile to mention here that during last thirty months numerous letters have been sent to the concerned offices but all went in vain. Police and passport offices perhaps do not work till they get their fees as set by dealing persons.

Pinki Jain

Agartala

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription