Name:
    Pulivarthi Narasimhulu
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default two types of notices for hearing by APSIC

I have received 3 notices to attend for hearing from APSIC during the month of April, 2010. Two cases are to be heared by the Chief Information Commissioner, APSIC and in those 2 notices it is mentioned my 2nd appeal date and the respondent's name and address. But in the third notice, the case is to be heared by Sri Dilip Reddy, Information Commissioner in which there is no respondent' name and address but only mentioned my 2nd appeal date and APSIC's case number. As there is no respondent's name and address in the notice, the applicant has to verify the case number by going to Internet Centre and paying some amount. Is it possible to the applicants residing in the villages to go to Internet Centre which is in the nearest towns for this specific purpose. Please suggest how to request the APSIC to furnish the respondent' name and address in the notices issued to the cases to be heared by other 3 Information Commissioners.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: two types of notices for hearing by APSIC

Write a letter to Mr Dileep Reddy and enclose the other types of Notices of Hearings also.

Point out the problems faced by appellants with the type of Notice of Hearing he is sending.

Send a copy of that letter to the CIC of APSIC - Mr C D Arha, with a request to intervene in the matter since he is the head of the SIC.

Wait for some reasonable time and if there is no response, then file a RTI application with APSIC to find what happened to your letters and what action was taken on them.

Follow me on Twitter @cjkarira

Name:
    Pulivarthi Narasimhulu
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: two types of notices for hearing by APSIC

Thanks to Sri Karira. Can I write a letter to Sri Dilip Reddy and copy to
    Sri C.D. Arha by name? Please clarify.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries