Name:
    omnath garg

Red face uttar pradesh state right to information rules

uttar pradesh state right to information rules

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    omnath garg

Default Re: uttar pradesh state right to information rules

i want to view, uttar pradesh state right to information rules, kindly help me as to how to view it.
    in fact i have sent some 10 applications under rti, the officers are avoiding replies and concealing and avoiding the replies.
    what to do?
    omnath garg

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    shan

Unhappy Re: uttar pradesh state right to information rules

I think we need to have a special task force for Uttar Pradesh here on this forum. I am sure the max. no of deemed denial of inf. must be from here.

shan

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    shan

Unhappy Re: uttar pradesh state right to information rules

Red tapism shadows RTI Act execution in UP

Posted online: Thursday , May 01, 2008 at 02:06:23
    Updated: Thursday , May 01, 2008 at 02:06:23

New Delhi, May 1: It is a sorry state of affairs in Uttar Pradesh on the Right to Information (RTI) front, with close to half of the over 9,000 appeals and complaints made in a year yet to be disposed.
    Between April 2006 and March 2007, the total number of appeals and complaints made under the transparency law stood at 9,946. And of these, a total number of 4,088 appeals and complaints were pending disposal.

The information was given in a reply to an application filed by RTI activist Retired Commodore Lokesh K Batra to the Uttar Pradesh State Information Commission (UPSIC).

Batra had originally filed an RTI application with the UPSIC under Section 25 of the Act, which makes it mandatory for all State Information Commissions and the Central Information Commission to furnish reports on the implementation of law.

But he did not get the desired information even after filing the same RTI for two consecutive years.

In 2007, the UPSIC replied that the required information could not be provided, as the report of the Commission for the last year had not been prepared.

"Due to acute paucity of staff, no such statement could be prepared by the Commission as desired by you so far nor it is still in such a position as to prepare and provide the same in near future," was the reply the RTI activist got.

Not ready to give up, Batra filed another RTI plea to know the monthly disposal of appeals and complaints with the UPSIC.

"The results were surprising. Cases accumulated despite the state having the highest number of information commissioners, which is the opposite of what should have happened," he said.

"If this is the state in one year, then imagine the number of cases pending now (since the implementation of the RTI act)," Batra asked.

A comparison of the website of the UPSIC (www.upsic.up.nic.in) and the CIC (cic.gov.in) clearly indicates poor implementation of Section 4 of the Act, which makes it mandatory for the Commission to keep its website updated on the progress made on the complaints.

"The UPSIC has failed to maintain the required data in the website in compliance of the Act," he said.

When contacted, Chief Commissioner, UPSIC, Justice M A Khan accepted paucity of staff as a reason for not maintaining documentation of the information and not updating the website.

He said: "We do not have either proper infrastructure or manpower. We have ten information commissioners and we work on a rotational basis. We gets lots of cases, but then we do not have basic staff like data operator or web designer."

"Seeing the poor state of the SIC, the IAS officers are reluctant to continue working with us," Khan said.

Batra said: "If this lackadaisical attitude comes from the State Information Commission, who are the highest authorities for taking to task the public authority, there will be no check on the public authorities and the administration of the state too," Batra said.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by shan; 07-16-2008 at 12:32 AM. Reason: searched engine for the state in UP

Quote Originally Posted by omnath garg View Post
    i want to view, uttar pradesh state right to information rules, kindly help me as to how to view it.
    in fact i have sent some 10 applications under rti, the officers are avoiding replies and concealing and avoiding the replies.
    what to do?
    omnath garg
    Which were the departments to which you have asked questions under RTI ? Please discuss them one by one so that the community members can guide you.

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries

for up rti rules, i have posted an article in GUIDE section. It contains all operative guidelines.

0 Not allowed!
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Mr Garg ,UP follows RTI Act 2005,which you can down load from : RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information. rtiindia.info
    In addition you can go through : UP RTI Fee and Cost(Amendment ) Rules 2006.

UP isn't exactly the most shining model of transparency and examplary management . Please go through another Thread under RTI Query ,if you can spare time , "RTI losing its teeth in Uttar Pradesh " started 08/02/2008.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by opsharma; 07-16-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Name:
    omnath garg

thanks a lot.
    kindly help me to view UP rules on RTI Act
    thanks

0 Not allowed!