Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: IT refund cheque dishonoured

  1. #1

    IT refund cheque dishonoured

    Can a IT refund cheque dishonoured..?
    My IT refund cheque of Rs.3090 has been dishonoured from ICICI Bank on 18-01-2010 issued by IT Commissioner Office Belgaum (Karnataka).
    But still I didn get any alternate cheque from IT dept.
    To whom should I approach...

  2. Re: IT refund cheque dishonoured

    You have not mentioned reason of bouncing of cheque. If it is returned for want of funds, you can represent after one week through your bank. If it is again returned for want of funds, again after one week get it represented for clearing.

    If again it is returned or if cheque is returned for technical reasons [like sign differs etc] you can send back with a letter original cheque with bank's returning memoes to Assessing Officer to your IT ward. IT ward is mentioned on cheque/assessment order. Request his to correct the defect and provide adequate funds to clear the cheque. Please retain photocopies of all papers for future reference.

    If IT dept does not attend your letter as above in 20-25 days, shoot RTI application to Assessing Officer of your IT ward [who is also CPIO of your IT ward] by referring:

    Central Govt application:

    Make effective:

    Long pending? :
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android