Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.12%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2nd appellate Authority gor information from Co-op Housing Societies

Sir,I had sought certain information from the Management of the Society (Shruti Co-op Gr. Housing Society Sector Vii Dwarka, New Delhi. I was not satisfied with the reply of the Society . I thereforeappealled to the Assistant Register S/W Zone as enviosaged and DCS Ac9 139 and DCS Rules 2007. However I have not received a reply from the appe;llate authority though a period of 30 days elapsed . Kindl;y advice me the 2nd appellate authority in case of Housing Societies.A.P. SHARMA.

Name:
    Gajanan Phadte
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.12%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: 2nd appellate Authority gor information from Co-op Housing Societies

U R not talking about RTI.
    What do u want to do.

Name:
    Ajay Parshad Sharma
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.12%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: 2nd appellate Authority gor information from Co-op Housing Societies

As per the Delhi Co-operative Act 2003 under Section 139 a member of a Co-operative Societies is entiled to ask information relating to his transactions from the Management Committee. Failure to reply by the mC or not satisfied with the reply an appeal to the appellate authority who happenned tobe the Assistant Registrar of the relevant zone. IIn term of this section an RTI application was made to the President of the Society. However a vage reply was received from the Society. I had appealled to the appellate authority. I have yet to receive a reply. My question is now as to whome I should make 2nd appeal asthe Commissioner does not entertain appeal regarding Society being a private authority.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.06%
    Monthly Activity
    0.77%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Mr Sharma

Second appeal with Central Information Commission. Please also see: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/13405-...ommission.html

regards

Name:
    Gajanan Phadte
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.12%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RTI cannot be used directly with a co-op society as it is not a Public Authority. U can ask as per its provisions and rules, but not RTI. So u have to get whatever, using RTI from the Society Registrar as it is a Public Authority. BUT u only can ask existing information, at their office.

Gajanan Phadte

Name:
    Sunil Ahya
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.5 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%
    Monthly Activity
    9.83%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Sharma,

Co-operative Societies are directly not covered under the RTI Act.

Registrar of Co-operative Societies is a Public Authority and hence directly covered under the RTI Act.

You may file a complain on an ordinary letter with the Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies.

After 15 days of ordinary complain, you may file a RTI application with the Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies addressed as " The Pubic Information Officer" (PIO) and seek a certified copy of the Action Taken Report on your complain dated: XXXX.

For a sample draft of RTI application for the purpose please go through this link http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ding-govt.html
    "It is elementary that what is binding on the court in a subsequent case is not the conclusion arrived at in a previous decision" "A case is only an authority for what it actually decides and not what may come to follow logically from it. Judgments of courts are not to be construed as statutes" - Supreme Court in AIR 1982 SC 149 (at p.231).

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription