59.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Registrar of Births and death

whether RTI act binds Registrar of Birth and Death?
    i filed a rti seeking Details of birth, (i.e) whether the birth was registered in Pondicherry municipality, so if it was registered then seeking a copy of the birth extract.but the register of births and death replied that, in RTI act such informations can not be requested, if such information is needed you get from birth and death certificate, section in the pondicherry Municipality after paying the prescribed fees. i prefer to go for an appeal. is it possible i get requested details in appeal. is there any cic decision which says such birth information can be obtained by registrar of birth and death. kindly guide me.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    633.3 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.42%
    Monthly Activity
    39.75%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Registrar of Births and death

Can you please share your RTI application and the PIO's reply.
    That will our our members to guide you correctly.

What exact reasons did the PIO give for denial of information ?
    @cjkarira

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%
    Monthly Activity
    1.92%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since birth and death records are in public domain, you are entitled to details under RTI. Even if there is other procedure to get such information, PIO is bound to provide under RTI. Please file first appeal by referring to:

HOW TO FILE FIRST APPEAL [CENTRAL/STATE]
    How to write First Appeal under RTI? - RTI Guide
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    sriparthasarathy
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    59.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Respected karira, I filed filed a RTI in Pondicherry municipality, for seeking my fathers Birth certificate, he was born on 1950 , he is expired now i have his death certificate, but i don to have his birth certificate, so i filed a rti whether check whether my father's birth was registered or not. so i asked the registrar whether my fathers birth was registered or not. i also asked him a birth certificate copy if it was found that my father's birth was registered. in pondicherrry we have computerised birth certificate from 1975 only. but my father was born in 1950. for searching birth certificate there is a prescribe fees. (i.e) 2 Rs for year that's nearly 120 Rs. for sixty years. so PIO replied that " that the requested information can not be furnished , as it can obtained after paying the prescribed fees, in pondicherry Municipality birth and death section. this is the exact phrase given by PIO, i am ready to pay the prescribed fees, but the problem is the people there are so lazy that they do not search at all and they simply say that the birth certificate is not found. that why i wanted to appeal to the 1 st appellate authority, i want to know whether there is CIC decisions which says Pio is bound to give birth details. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    633.3 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.42%
    Monthly Activity
    39.75%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For a moment forget about births, etc.

You asked for information under RTI.
    The PIO asked you to obtain that information by another means that was available to you.
    This is your only ground for first appeal.

Cite the following order of the CIC: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/14658-...er-copies.html
    Last edited by karira; 05-14-2010 at 08:28 PM.
    @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription