Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Name:
    MUKESH AGRAWAL

Default Dormant/Inoperative accounts in banks

i asked SBI local branch to provide me info regarding Dormant accounts and steps taken by the bank to search the legal heir of the same. The bank denied me stating it is a matter of their client's secrecy. The reserve bank of india already ordered to search. But the amount of Rs 1200 cr which enjoyed by all these banks.Why do they try to find out legal heir?

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Dormant/Inoperative accounts in banks

Dear Shivani

a. Please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/6788-m...cess-story-rbi.

b. Please post copy of your RTI application & reply of PIO here. It will enable members to help u better.

regards

0 Not allowed!

3. Default Re: Dormant/Inoperative accounts in banks

On RBI site in Customer section there are few RBI circulars on Dormant Account. I remember seeing them. Please go through the list and you will find the way to quote in RTI application.

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    MUKESH AGRAWAL

I demanded my reply under RTI in GUJARATI language. SBI provide it in gujarati. So it may not be useful to other on this forum who don''t know gujarati.

0 Not allowed!

We have some very experienced members who do read and write Gujrathi, the best example is JP Shah Sir. It will be better to read the original application and reply for the members to help you. You may want to hide personal details before uploading it.

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    MUKESH AGRAWAL

Quote Originally Posted by Atul Patankar View Post
    We have some very experienced members who do read and write Gujrathi, the best example is JP Shah Sir. It will be better to read the original application and reply for the members to help you. You may want to hide personal details before uploading it.
    No sir,
    there is nothing to hide. Today i will upload both documents. In my premises i don't have facility to scan i have to go to nearby cybercafe. Although i promise all of you to upload it today. Sir. there are some problem with us in our rural area we are not much familiar with technology and it's usages. So please co operate us. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!

Pl do not be offended. Many people do not like to share their personal information at a public forum, where it can be accessed by anyone and everyone. We all consider this a very routine precaution. Thats the reason the moderators take such efforts to delete email ids and telephone numbers from posts.

Your problem with technology are also shared by many of us. Whereas at some place it is the lack of availability of infrastructure, at some other places it may be reluctance to accept new things. In my town, we face a load shedding of 6 hours during the office hours! I hear people in Gujrath are lucky in that matter.

So let us make the best use of whatever we have, and help each other overcome these hurdles.

0 Not allowed!

Name:
    Ketan Modi

Dear Shivani Madam,

Please upload the documents and I will try to help you out. Happy information seeking

0 Not allowed!
    Bapu