Thread: Consumer Court

Name:
    AJAY KR. BAHL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Consumer Court

Dear friends

In my consumer complaint against M/s Airtel the Hob'ble Distt. Consumer Court gave its written judgement on 27 May 08. I was never intimated what was the decision of the court, which was not made known to me as neither was the judgement pronounced before me when I was present there nor is a copy of the same being provided to me. This despite my repeated personal visits to the Office of the Distt Consumer Forum, Faridabad.

Due to this delay I am loosing the precious time which I have for making an appeal in the State Consumer Commission. As an appeal can be made within a time limit of 30 days from the date of judgement.

Plese guide, whether Consumer Courts are also covered under the RTI Act, or is there any way in which RTI Act can be used for getting this judgement or names of people who are deliberately delaying the delivery of the judgement.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bitter pill for doctors

Yes you can use Right to Infomation and seek information from Consumer Courts.

Try to find out who is the PIO and file an RTI application. If you don't find any PIO then send your RTI application in the name of President, Distritct Consumer Forum.

sidharth

Name:
    AJAY KR. BAHL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Sidharth,

Thanks a lot for your guidance. Could you please help me with the draft questions I can ask in this regard.

ajay

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Shri Ajay,
    For drafting question pl refer to my blog "Any thing pending with the Govt?" U can make necessary changes to suit your case. U can get proforma and fee amount/mode of payment by visiting state govt. official site or site of State Info. Commissioner; as Dist Consumer Forum falls under state.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Post Thanks / Like

Due to this delay I am loosing the precious time which I have for making an appeal in the State Consumer Commission. As an appeal can be made within a time limit of 30 days from the date of judgement.
    Hello Ajaya,

Right now your priority is to get a copy of Consumer Court Decisions. So apply and get a certified copy of the Judgement/order/decision and basing upon the same file your appeal.

Delay can be condoned basing upon the circumstances.

Filing RTI may delay it.

Sidharth