Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.07%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nomination Award Is it possible to produce rti replies in court as evidence??

I want to know is it possible to produce the rti replies in court as evidence?? Or not, please help me

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.07%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Is it possible to produce rti replies in court as evidence??

You can submit any document in the court. Its admission/non-admission depends on the type of litigation and specific law /rule about admissibility.

However, a document cannot be rejected only because it has been obtained through RTI. BUT, the document must be certified by the PIO/custodian of document so that it can be proved in the court that the document has been obtained through legal process.

Name:
    joseph martin
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.07%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir,Thanks for the reply, i am working Prasar Bharati, In our department based on a cut off date there are two types of pay scales,one for those joined before 1999 feb,22 and another for those joined afterwards, but now the government have decided to extend that cut off date to 2007 Oct.5, And regarding it a cabinet decision already came on 2009, but for that to be effective prasar bharati act needs to be amended and it is on the process.Mean time we got confirmation from Director General All India (who is the cadre controlling authority) that all those joined till 2007 oct.5 are central government employees on deputation to Prasar Bharati.My question is that can we produce that RTI reply in court as an evidence to get justice? Please answer

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.19%
    Monthly Activity
    7.66%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Member

My question is that can we produce that RTI reply in court as an evidence to get justice?
    U can use obtained info as per requirement. Please read the threads available here: can i use info in court - Google Search for details

regards

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription