Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

    RTI for disappeared Persons in J and K

    Seeing the pained, anguished and angry faces of the women protestors in Kashmir and hearing of several cases of men who dissapeared after being taken in custody , can we use RTI to get the BSF to disclose what has happened?

    I read recently of the Court directing BSF to respond to such a case under the human Rights clause of RTI.

    What are the details one needs? The names of disappeared people? Can the RTI be filled from anywhere?

    › Find content similar to: RTI for disappeared Persons in J and K

  2. #2
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    43 Post(s)
    14 Thread(s)
    166 Post(s)

    Re: RTI for disappeared Persons in J and K

    First you have to decide what is the "information" you are seeking ?
    Read the RTI Act here: Right to Information Act 2005
    Specially read Sec 2(f), 2(i) and 2(j).

    Your RTI application has to be addressed to the PIO of BSF (or any other agency to whom you want to apply for information).
    Details of PIO will be available on the website of that agency.
    Or call up the agency and ask "Who is the PIO ? I want to file a RTI application"

    Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre.
    These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

    Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

    Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

    These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

    You can file the RTI application from anywhere.
    Please read:
    Twitter: @cjkarira


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android