24%
    Monthly Activity
    0.17%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bshb

sir i have been given a hearing date by the SIC, the SPIO never replied to the RTI application he never accepted the application everytime it got rejected so i complained to the SIC, i have a hearing next month, i wanted to know can i again make RTI application to the organistion to seek information regarding the same matter after the hearing or not.

One more question sir after pressure from the SIC the SPIO finally replied after all deadlines, stating that he could not understand my application whereas my application was clear asking them about the security deposit i made which was never refunded.

Kindly guide me through this

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.57 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.22%
    Monthly Activity
    28.76%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Bshb

Has the SIC given a order ?
    Has the PIO complied with the order ?

If no, the just file a Complaint for "non compliance" to the SIC.

You can also file another RTI application simultaneously with the PIO.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Surendera M. Bhanot
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.25%
    Monthly Activity
    0.17%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PIO is arrogant has no respect for the due process of law. By refusing to accept your application, PIO has earned the wrath of Section 18, 19 and 20 of the RTI Act 2005.

If the Public Information Officer has, without any reasonable cause, refused to receive an application for information or has not furnished information within the time specified under sub-section (1) of section 7 or malafidely denied the request for information or knowingly given incorrect, incomplete or misleading information or destroyed information which was the subject of the request or obstructed in any manner in furnishing the information,

or

You were unable to submit a request to a Public Information Officer either by reason that no such officer has been appointed under this Act, or because the Central Assistant Public Information Officer or State Assistant Public Information Officer, as the case may be, has refused to accept his or her application for information or appeal under this Act for forwarding the same to the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer or senior officer specified in sub-section (1) of section 19 or the Central Information Commission or the State Information Commission, as the case may be;
    (b) who has been refused access to any information requested under this Act;
    (c) who has not been given a response to a request for information or access to information within the time limit specified under this Act;
    (d) who has been required to pay an amount of fee which he or she considers unreasonable;
    (e) who believes that he or she has been given incomplete, misleading or false information under this Act; and
    (f) in respect of any other matter relating to requesting or obtaining access to records under this Act.

You can file a complaint with Information Commissioner concerned.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.83%
    Monthly Activity
    0.43%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can file more RTI on same matter with same public authority [govt. office] but with different queries. Queries for which SIC has already passed order cannot be re-sought by you. If you are not satisfied with acts of PIO you can file first appeal by visiting:
    HOW TO FILE FIRST APPEAL [CENTRAL/STATE]
    How to write First Appeal under RTI? - RTI Guide

If SIC orders are not properly complied please visit:
    Non compliance:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...-cic-sics.html

If PIO has belatedly replied your queries, you can still pursue your complaint for penalising PIO for delay and compensation to be paid to you for delay.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.83%
    Monthly Activity
    0.43%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can file more RTI applications on same matter with same public authority [govt. office] but with different queries. Queries for which SIC has already passed order cannot be re-sought by you. If you are not satisfied with acts of PIO you can file first appeal by visiting:
    HOW TO FILE FIRST APPEAL [CENTRAL/STATE]
    How to write First Appeal under RTI? - RTI Guide

If SIC orders are not properly complied please visit:
    Non compliance:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...-cic-sics.html

If PIO has belatedly replied your queries, you can still pursue your complaint for penalising PIO for delay and compensation to be paid to you for delay.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription