Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

    Question Help Requested on Long pending Dowry Death Case in Allahabad High Court

    I am tired waiting for justice from Allahabd High Court on dowry death case(FIR route) of my sister in 1988. It took 9 long years for trial court in Deoria, UP to deliver the verdict wherein 4 in-laws were sentenced to 10 Yr RI , however, the convicts secured bail from Allahabd High court in 1997 within 1 month of imprisonment. Since then, the case has been pending for hearing. I hired 2 private laywers at High Court to expedite hearing - first one did nothing while the latter got expedite hearing approval secured by the CJ, High Court in 2008. Yet, the case is not being heard. I see on the High Court website that since 2008, it keeps on getting postponed every week or by 2 weeks. On consistent enquiry with my private laywer thru phone, he just puts forward one reason or the other for non-hearing. I had paid the entire fees to this cheat lawyer for final hearing which has not taken place yet. He ate money - Rs 18000 without a burp. Exasperated, I filed 2 RTI applications with PIO, Allahabd High Court in Oct 2009. He replied that it needs a Rs 500 fee which I paid in terms of demand draft but he did not reply with reference to 2 sections of High Court rules. Again, I wrote to PMO and Dept of Justice and in turn, these offices forwarded my petition/RTI in Feb 2010 to High Court registrar advising him to take apprpriate action on my letter but I heard nothing. Ultimately, I am writing another RTI to High Court enclosing letters /replies provided by Dept of Justice asking what action was taken by the Registrar on letters forwarded by Minsitry of Law and Justice ? What is the best solution to secure justice on dowry death after elapse of 22 yrs ? Judicial corruption keeps us far from getting what we deserve.

    › Find content similar to: Help Requested on Long pending Dowry Death Case in Allahabad High Court

  2. #2
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    23 Post(s)
    9 Thread(s)
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Help Requested on Long pending Dowry Death Case in Allahabad High Court

    If PIO of HC is not cooperating, you should move first RTI appeal and then second appeal with CIC. Please refer:



    For first appeal please visit RTI link of website of that HC as to format and fee payment [if any].
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Tags for this Thread


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android