Name:
    U.C.Bhartiya
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Whom to make 2nd. appeal against Jt. Registrar CIDCO, Navi Mumbai

I asked a simple question from Jt. Registrar (CIDCO), Navi Mumbai under RTI act. the question was "Is it essential to have CIDCO NOC to register a society under Non-Cooperation? In its first reply, he simply forwarded the question to CIDCO. There was no reply from CIDCO either. The Jt registrar being the 1st. Appellate authority, I appealed for his non reply. to hear the appeal he called me and told me that it depends on case to case. I requested him to give his reply in writing. He has given the same reply in writing. The answer to my question has to be either "YES" or "No". there can not be any other answer. Now I want to appeal against his evasive reply. Where can I approach? Can I approach SPIO Mr. Joshi or Co-operative Commissioner ,Pune? Is it essential to be present personally when they call to hear the appeal?
    U.c.Bhartiya

Name:
    C J Karira
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Whom to make 2nd. appeal against Jt. Registrar CIDCO, Navi Mumbai

Actually you should have never got a reply from the PIO.

You have not asked for "information" but you have asked for "opinion or advice".
    The RTI Act cannot be used for getting opinion, advice, clarifications, etc.

Please read the RTI Act here: Right to Information Act 2005

You need to redraft your application and resubmit it again.

Follow me on Twitter @cjkarira

Name:
    U.C.Bhartiya
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Whom to make 2nd. appeal against Jt. Registrar CIDCO, Navi Mumbai

Thanks for giving proper advice.
    U.C.Bhartiya