Monthly Activity
    1.63%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Does ID Proof Required to Sent along with RTI application

Hello

Does it require to send an ID proof aong with application to file RTI ,If Suppose in cse they demand this .What should i do is there any clause which mention id proof to be sent and if not can i cross question department's PIO for giving me the caluse and rule in act which mention id proof is needed.

Thanks & regard
    A Naveen kumar

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77%
    Monthly Activity
    1.63%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Does ID Proof Required to Sent along with RTI application

Naveen Kumar,

Welcome to rtiindia.org.

Section 6(2) specifies that
    An applicant making request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him
    Therefore, ID proof is not necessary. You can ask the officers in the authority to show you the rule for making it compulsory.

The only excuse is that, the RTI act gives a right to information to citizens of India only. If the officer wants to satisfy himself that you are actually a citizen, he may demand an appropriate prrof.

In such a case, ask the information officer to receive your application, and then reject it saying that you are not a citizen. Then, in case of an appeal, he will have to prove that his rejection was reasonable and valid.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription