Results 1 to 2 of 2
Views: 7647 | 09-25-2010 #1
How to rectify the Birth Certificate for Passport?
Very happy to find this site. My actual date of birth is 24th september 1989 and i was born in Chennai, Tamil nadu, India But my school officials changed that to August 20 th 1989 in my 10 th certificate and that continued in everything else. now to apply for passport dey are asking for birth certificate. i done my schooling in Gudur, Nellore dist, Andhra Pradesh.
I took my frinds help to get dat, but dey said it costs nearly 5000 rupees. can you please help me to get birth certificate without like this huge amount.
Re: need fa birth certificate
Apply to the Registrar of Births and Deaths of Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The fee is Rs. Twenty per copy. You may apply for as much copies as you want. Look for the procedure for payment of fee. Usually it is accepted in cash or required to be deposited in a bank through a Treasury Challan. You may have to visit Chennai for the same.
It will take quite some time ( say a month or so) to get the Birth Certificates. In case there is a delay, Write a letter BY SPEED POST after a fortnight to the Registrar of Births and Deaths of Chennai and inquire about the certificate. After another fortnight, file a RTI Application seeking information regarding your application for Birth certificate as under:
Please file RTI Application with the PIO of the concerned Public Authority (Registrar of Births and Deaths of Chennai)via Speed Post. While filing RTI Application detailing the problem being faced by you and quoted therein your all previous references of letter/telephone/personal visits to the office of the Public Authority and ask for the following information (Please use all or some points as suited to you. Point No. 6-9 below is essential for quick and positive action):
01. Inform me the day to day action taken on my various requests made earlier (give date wise detail of your letters/visits/phone calls).
02. Inform me the time needed as per law to finalize the required action.
03. Inform me latest status of your request.
04. A. Provide me the certified copies of the
a. File Notings relating to this matter from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.
b. Day-to-day moment of File relating to this matter from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY. (Now, in a decision involving the EPFO, IC SG has clearly ruled that the day to day movement of the file has to be given in the format asked for. ttp://www.rti.india.gov.in/cic_deci...14_M_37059.pdf)
05. Inform me reasons for the delay
06. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for taking action on your request.
07. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for causing delay on your request.
08. This application may also be treated as a Notice u/s 80 CPC and the action taken thereunder may also be inform to me in due course.
09. I have paid fee for the purpose. I am a consumer. The delay is a deficient service. Moreover I am being harassed. What compensation is proposed to paid to me. if Nothing, This may please be treated as a Notice under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
10. Inform me the manner in which the PA is proposing to compensate you for the mental agony and deficient service.
11. Any other point on your mind (Think Hard).
DO ALL YOUR CORRESPONDENCE THROUGH SPEED POST.
Here's the web address of the Helpline of the President of India's Secretariat where you can file and/or upload your grievance and later on view the status of the same. You may also file an online complaint to the President of India’s Secretariat at :: President's Secretariat Helpline ::The grievances arising out of unsatisfactory response or No response from the Ministry/Department concerned will be taken up by the PG officers of DAR&PG who will take up the matter with the Ministry/Department concerned for close monitoring and expeditious redress. You can lodge your complaints for all ministries of central government and state governments at the following link PGRAMS -:- Grievance Registration Form.
You will find necessary help for filing the RTI Application by clicking the ”Home” or "RTI Guide" button at the top of this page. Also please use the customized Google search bar located at the top of this page and search for "Birth Certificate", etc. and you may get a/many threads.