Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Where to apply After PIO of Punjab National Bank has declined to provide with info?

I sent a mail To PIO, Punjab National Bank seeking reason for delay in sactioning my education loan under RTI. After a month I'm still waiting for the information. Where am I supposed to apply/complain now as PNB have turned their back on me.

I went to CIC website but was perplexed by ministry and department they were asking for.

Name:
    aks
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Where to apply After PIO of Punjab National Bank has declined to provide with info?

you have followed a wrong process .
    Under RTI Act :
    first you should have filed RTI Appl with CPIO of bank with RTI fee of Rs.10/- by IPO AND should have sent by Speed Post .
    On receipt of your Appl the CPIO would respond in 30 days with information or objections to disclose information .
    If you find his response unsatisfactory , file First Appeal with Appellate Authority in the bank itself . AA would pass order in 30 .
    If still not satisfied then you approach CIC with 2nd Appeal .
    The only remedy against the order of Commission is Writ Petition in High Court .
    RTI Applications are not accepted without fee and online applications is still not the trend .

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.66%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Where to apply After PIO of Punjab National Bank has declined to provide with info?

Please select Ministry of finance -> Department of Economic Affairs -> Punjab National Bank

Lodge you complaint at this site, upload scanned copy of your application and in description mention that you have not received any answer from the PIO even after 30 days of filing and application is deemed to have been refused under section 7(2) of the RTI Act.

There is some problem with this site. In "Details of PIO approached, if any" part, the system will not accept if you put year as 2010 (it will so you the error). So while selecting the year select year 2009 instead of year 2010.

I have filed more then 10 complaints using the same method (using year 2009) and action has been taken on all of them.

After you file your complaint you must take out the print of the complaint, sign on every page and then send it to the CIC address along with all the enclosures.

Commission will send a letter to PIO giving him date by which information should be provided and the explanation for the cause of delay.

Name:
    dilub
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aksmat View Post
    you have followed a wrong process .
    Under RTI Act :
    first you should have filed RTI Appl with CPIO of bank with RTI fee of Rs.10/- by IPO AND should have sent by Speed Post .
    On receipt of your Appl the CPIO would respond in 30 days with information or objections to disclose information .
    If you find his response unsatisfactory , file First Appeal with Appellate Authority in the bank itself . AA would pass order in 30 .
    If still not satisfied then you approach CIC with 2nd Appeal .
    The only remedy against the order of Commission is Writ Petition in High Court .
    RTI Applications are not accepted without fee and online applications is still not the trend .
    Hey ,thank you for guidance, i went the wrong way indeed.
    Please elaborate where do i need to submit Rs 10/- as RTI fee, and did IPO mean "indian Post Office" in your comment?

Name:
    aks
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IPO : Indian Postal Order
    Remit the fee with RTI Application . If you do not know whom to pay then leave "Pay To" column of IPO blank and add a line in your application " Kindly fill up Pay to column yourself as per your office need " .

Name:
    Sharad S. Phadke
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DineshK View Post
    There is some problem with this site. In "Details of PIO approached, if any" part, the system will not accept if you put year as 2010 (it will so you the error). So while selecting the year select year 2009 instead of year 2010.
    I was not knowing this trick. I struggled for many tries and finally sent by speed post. Luckily Case is in queue.
    Thanks Dinesh to give this trick.
    Hope CIC wakes up on this matter.