Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.41%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Can the Municipality refuse information sought?

I have applied for correction of father's name in municipal records for three of my children. Municipality changed one and refused the other 2 applications. I sought information as to why 1 changed and the others refused.

They replied that I can not question them under S 2(i) as to why they failed to change?
    Is the authoity is right in replying so or can I go for an appeal or a writ?

I think S2(i) is preliminary and explain certain things in the act. I has no provision sheilding the authorities. Am I right??

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.25%
    Monthly Activity
    2.12%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Can the Municipality refuse information sought?

You should avoid asking why,where,what etc in your application and format your application carefully. Ask them the following points.

1. Please provide me reason for refusal of application.
    2. Please provide details of relevant rule under which the application was refused/rejected.
    3. Please provide certified copy of rules under which the application was rejected.
    4. Name, designation and official address of person who has rejected the application.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription