1.25%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default copy of attendance register

Sir, I am a Head teacher of a school. A person requests me in written to provide the Xerox copy of teachers attendance register. He also requests to provide the xerox copy of a particular teachers salary statement for last 36 months under RTI Act.The teacher concerned request me not to disclose his salary to any one.Pse let me know what to do. Should I provide the sought information to him or not? Hope your early reply.Regards MALAN

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.22%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: copy of attendance register

The teacher concerned request me not to disclose his salary to any one.Pse let me know what to do. Should I provide the sought information to him or not? Hope your early reply.Regards MALAN
    U dont need his consent to supply this info. Its not his personal info. Please read threads available here: attendance register - Google Search

regards

Demerged post from another thread and started a separate thread

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Attendance register and salary are part of section 4 of the RTI act and cannot be denied to person under RTI Act. These cannot be treated as third party information also. Even secretaries and commissioners have disclosed their salaries under the RTI act.

Withholding such information may lead to penalty.

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.35%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You furnish information without any further delay,otherwise you may be penelised.

Name:
    ssmalan
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.25%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, an applicant submitted two applications to the PIO. The PIO asked him to deposit fee as per Govt rate in response to his applications. He has not paid the fee demanded by the PIO. Again he submits his IIIrd application to the same PIO. Should PIO entertain his third application or ask applicant to deposit fee for his previous applications first? Pse let me Know. Regards. MALAN

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.18%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The PIO should entertain the request as per RTI Act provisions . It is the prerogative of Commission to take note of such things in Complaint or 2nd Appeal . Although some Commissions have passed such Orders asking PIOs not to entertain till previous payments have been made .

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.22%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Member

Whats harm in entertaining his third application. He is paying application fee for filing every application and the same will go in Govt account. Better ask for additional in reference to this application and also remind him that he has not paid additional fee in relation to his previous applications otherwise same could have supplied earlier.

regards

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Under section 7(3)(b) of the RTI act, while asking for further fee the PIO has to inform the applicant his right with respect to review the decision as to the amount of fee charged or the form of access provided, including the particulars of appellate authority, time limit, process and any other form.

The PIO cannot insist for the payment and each RTI application should be treated as separate application.

Last month a PIO has asked me to pay an amount of 1,14,000.00 as further fee. Does it mean that I should pay this amount before filing the second application.

I did not pay the fee and submit another application rewording the same content. This time the PIO has asked for Rs. 84 only.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription