Central Information Commission
Dated, the 22nd September, 2006
- Name of the Appellant : Sh. Nitin M. Gokhale & Smt. Vaijayanti M. Gokhale, Flat No.12, Usha Moreshwar Apartment, V.V. Kunj Road, Warje Naka, Warge, Pune – 411 029.
- Name of the Public Authority: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited,Telegaon-Chakan Road, Village Mahalunge Ingale, Chakan, Pune – 410 501
- The appellant had sought certain information about a third party. The CPIO denied to furnish the information u/s 8(1)(j) of the Act and contended that disclosure of the information has no relationship to any public activity or interest.
- The appellate authority upheld the decision of the CPIO.
- The Commission has obtained detailed comments from the CPIO on the appeal filed by the appellant. It has been mentioned that the information sought relate to the documents, which are very old. As per the company’s record policy,documents are preserved for a period of eight years only. Therefore, the documents asked for do not exist with the company.
- Since the documents asked for are not preserved as per the record maintenance policy, they cannot be furnished to the requester.
- The appeal is accordingly disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
› Find content similar to: After expiry of preservation period the information cannot be disclosed.