We want to form a co-operative housing society and elect members of committee.
1. Whom to ask for guidance on How to form a housing society and elect members?
2. Will Registrar help? Where to contact them?
3. Our 4 storied apartment has only 16 flats (members), how many of these should be in the committee? Is there any reservation for ladies?
4. How to nominate a member? What form need to be filled by the primary member? Whether a nominated member can participate in the committee election?
5. What are roles of commitee members? Is it ok to have only Chairman and Secretary for our society or Do we need some other role looking at the number of flats (members) in the apartment?
6. What are the responsibilities of Chairman, Secretary and elected memebers of the committee?
7. Can the tenure for the above committee be reduced to 3 years instead of 5 by chaning the Bye-laws appropriate to our society? How to do the same?
8. How much sinking fund should be collected from each member of the society? How it is calculated?
9. How much maintenance charge should be collected from each member of the society? How it is calculated?
10. What are the responsibilities of other members (other than committee) of the society?
11. What documents need to be maintained by the society?
12. What are the different types of meetings to be conducted/chaired by the Chairman of the society? What should be the frequency of the same?
Awaiting quick response.