Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Name:
    R SAMBAMURTHY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Attaching identity proof and address proof with the RTI application

One of the PSUs in Kolkata is asking for attested copies/photogopies of address proof & identity Proof (PAN Card, Electricity Bill, telephone bill, bank pass book, ration card) along with the RTI application, although RTI Act 2005 has not stipulated producing identity & address proof. When an RTI applicant makes a request for informaltion, he mentions his address, telephone no. and the reply is also sent to the indicated address. I request for clarification/help and guidance

Regards

R S Murthy

Name:
    C J Karira
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Attaching identity proof and address proof with the RTI application

Is it a Central Government or a State Government PSU ?

Depending on under which Government it is, they have to follow the relevant RTI Rules and Fees (Central or State).
    Some State RTI rules do provide for identification proof.
    Central RTI rules have no such provision.

Just check the relevant rules here: Guide

If the information is urgent and important for you, just comply with the request for proof and get the information.
    Make sure the request for such proof is in writing - do not accept anything verbally.

Then file a direct Complaint under Sec 18 to the CIC or SIC.

If the information is not urgent and important for you, just reply back to the PIO that there is no such provision in the RTI Act and ask him to indicate under which rule is he asking you for such documents. Then follow it up with first and second appeals.

Follow me on Twitter @cjkarira

Name:
    R SAMBAMURTHY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rsmurthy1951 View Post
    One of the PSUs in Kolkata is asking for attested copies/photogopies of address proof & identity Proof (PAN Card, Electricity Bill, telephone bill, bank pass book, ration card) along with the RTI application, although RTI Act 2005 has not stipulated producing identity & address proof. When an RTI applicant makes a request for informaltion, he mentions his address, telephone no. and the reply is also sent to the indicated address. I request for clarification/help and guidance

Regards

R S Murthy
    The PSU is a Central Government Undertaking. As I was preparing the Petition, I saw in their website about submission of photocopies of identity proof and address proof. As suggested, I will seek the information with the aforesaid documents and go to CIC with a complaint. Thank you Karira Sir

R S Murthy

Name:
    C J Karira
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can you provide me the link to the website ?
    (or send me a private message with the link)
    For how to send a pm, please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/faq.ph...ivate_messages

Name:
    R SAMBAMURTHY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    Can you provide me the link to the website ?
    (or send me a private message with the link)
    For how to send a pm, please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/faq.ph...ivate_messages
    The website is : http://www.grse.nic.in/RTI.doc

Name:
    CleanCorruption
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget about that web site - asking personal details. I went thru the same. My RTI was so serious. The police wanted my passport details. I filed a letter - police did not budge. I wrote to SIC - that the personal details request is preposterous and has no legs to stand. The police relented and raised 8(1)(g). Filed another appeal.

I had attached two files . One is a letter and the other is a addenda containing legal brief. use it at your own risk.
    template_letter.pdf

template_.addendum_citzproof_filed.docx.pdf

Name:
    C J Karira
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rsmurthy1951 View Post
    Today filing a direct Complaint under Sec 18(1)(f) to the CIC.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Filed:

1. RTI to GRSE
    2. Direct Complaint to CIC under Sec 18(1)(f)

Copies are attached
    Attached Files Attached Files