Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.41%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Co-operative Housing Society-Repair and Maintenance Work!!!

Hello i am dean from mumbai and presently my building is under repair and maintenance work both exterior and interior....
    The contractor on site is very chilled on his job...no form of communication from him or from the society, hence i would like to know if i can attain the RTI regarding my present position..
    I read the forum before signing up but nobody has a problem like mine.
    my queries are:-

• Can i get a Statement of accounts for my flat towards contribution of major repairs (details of money paid to them over years).
    • Survey of the house is done, job is pending.
    • Work inside my house (beams and pillars and leakage) not done till date and no intimidation as to when its going to happen.
    • Civil contractor always busy when called.
    • Need a written detailed document as to what repairs are going to be carried out in my house (survey is done).
    • What materials ie: cement, waterproofing chemical, paint, dialy wages of on site workers, supplier of materials etc are being used?
    • Ask for Detailed Accounts ie: money allotted for and money spent in on the major repairs of the entire society.

Name:
    dean
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.41%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Co-operative Housing Society-Repair and Maintenance Work!!!

hello can somebody pls help me??? will be really grateful for any guidance and information..

Name:
    Sunil Ahya
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.5 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.35%
    Monthly Activity
    258.11%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Dean,

Pls go thru this link http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/6890-c...g-society.html and navigate to post no#. 3

hope it helps you.
    "It is elementary that what is binding on the court in a subsequent case is not the conclusion arrived at in a previous decision" "A case is only an authority for what it actually decides and not what may come to follow logically from it. Judgments of courts are not to be construed as statutes" - Supreme Court in AIR 1982 SC 149 (at p.231).

Name:
    dean
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.41%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi abhi987,
    Thanks for replying, but the thread u mentioned (http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/6890-c...g-society.html) is an entirely different issue than mine.
    However i did manage to get the registrars office address which i was looking for
    I am a resident of my society and not on lease, hence i would like to know if i can get an in depth look at what transpired at the contracting stage on paper in my society.
    The work being carried out looks like a sham, nothing professional about it....
    No notices being put up regularly regarding the refurbishing of our bldg, in fact none at all till date.
    Can anyone still shed more light on this subject, i am young (knowledge on the subject is very basic) and new to this procedure hence i want my research to be good, so that when i finally do it (hoping to file RTI), its works out for the good of my fellow society members too..(lots of them are old and in retirement...definitely not internet savy)
    Pls help...
    Thank u and Happy GANESH Visarjan......
    Stay safe in the processions, keep an eye out for anti-social elements and things that look out of time and place....
    Blast in DELHI condemned by me (For the Deceased-May all their souls rest in peace).

Name:
    dean
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.41%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Useful link regarding Co-Operative Housing Society issues in INDIA:-
    Consumer action against housing society

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.77%
    Monthly Activity
    888.4%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dean,

The best is to ask all the information that you have posted PLUS inspection of all records of the Society, including Contracts, Budgets, Accounts, Payments made.
    You can also ask for "inspection" of the contractors work and draw samples for getting them tested elsewhere in a laboratory.

Name:
    Sunil Ahya
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.5 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.35%
    Monthly Activity
    258.11%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dean,

You will also get a RTI form applicable to Mumbai and the details about appropriate court fee stamp. Kindly browse through that thread and download the form in word format with tables inserted in it, so as you keep on filling the form the row will keep on expanding to accomodate more data.

Also whatever queries you have posted relevant to your case you need to fill up in front of the title in the form "c) Description of the information required:"

The trick here is that your queries should be in the form of seeking information and not seeking an opinion or explaination.

For example I will put the same question in two different ways and try and explain:

1) Whether a particular activity is illegal? would be seeking an opinion.

2) Please provide me with a certified photocopy of the permission granted for this xxx activity. Would be the same question but in more appropriate form.

Please browse through the various links on the home page of this forum, it will be very helpful in increasing your knowledge on how to use RTI, you can then use it successfully to change the way you are governed.
    "It is elementary that what is binding on the court in a subsequent case is not the conclusion arrived at in a previous decision" "A case is only an authority for what it actually decides and not what may come to follow logically from it. Judgments of courts are not to be construed as statutes" - Supreme Court in AIR 1982 SC 149 (at p.231).

Name:
    dean
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    1.41%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank u both (karira & abhi987)...great help...
    if i need anymore support will be back...
    if things get sorted out will keep u posted....
    Cheers,
    Dean