Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Postal order for RTI made payable to central public information officer

Hi All,

I posted RTI application for passport status enquiry today but I made IPO payable to "central public information officer" instead of accounts officer, rpo,hyderabad.

Should I send new application or will they accept the IPO and reply to the RTI application. Please let me know.

Name:
    Ketan Modi
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Postal order for RTI made payable to central public information officer

Dear all,
    I have a suggestion to every one paying fees through IPO. Please mention your name address on the IPO at designated place without name of payee. Leave it blank. Just mention in your RTI Application at the fag end of "description of information" that you have enclosed IPO No. _______ worth (fee amount) towards fee for seeking this information." Leave the payee line blank. Mention the details of the PIO and public authority to which IPO is sent and pin it to the second (applicant's) copy. If possible also retain a photocopy of the IPO and pin it along with the counterfoil to the second copy. And don't worry that the PIO will deny at any time that fee is not received. One can always seek details from the Postal Authorities to whose account the money was credited. Let the PIO send it to the appropriate authority. This will ensure that PIO is aware that fee has been received and to which account it has to be deposited is the department's issue not applicant. Applicant is not required to know who the Accounts Officer of a particular public authority is or by what designation s/he is known. I have been paying fee through IPO using the same route and it normally works. If the application is hand delivered, the acknowledging officer wont accept the application if the IPO is not there. If it sent through the Post Office, the forwarding letter to the PIO concern normally bears the IPO number that is being enclosed and Post Office will only accept those applications which are accompanied by IPO. This should help the entire community. Happy information seeking.
    Ketan Modi
    Bapu

Name:
    Anil
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Postal order for RTI made payable to central public information officer

Thanks for the reply Ketan. My application will be rejected because i mentioned wrong name payable to? should I apply new application ? can you please answer the questions.Thank you.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.2%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Member

Options:

a. Either wait for 10/15 days and in case Public Information Officer returns the IPO, u can send the same then as per info from Public Information Officer.

b. In case Public Information Officer doesnt responds, wait for 35/40 days from the date of your RTI application, file FIRST APPEAL.

regards

Name:
    Anil
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks ambrish . But i would like to apply new application as this information is very much needed. is "accounts officer, rpo,hyderabad" is write person that is payable to in IPO
    Last edited by krishnamaneni; 04-20-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.2%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Member

Yes u can file fresh application do include the lines suggested by Karira Sir here: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/68778-...tml#post172213

regards

Name:
    Anil
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your help I sent new application through speed post today hope I get reply in 30 days.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%
    Monthly Activity
    11.99%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription