Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Property Statement of Employees

  1. #1

    Property Statement of Employees

    There are conduct rules for Central government employees enunciated in CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964. Similarly each state government has also promulgated similar rules. For example APCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 in Andhra Pradesh.

    These rules provide that each and every employee should file a statement of assets each year by Jan 15.

    In case of A.P the State Government issued circulars from time to time pressing the chief secreataries to ensure the compliance of the rule on this aspect.

    However, I am not confident that this is strictly enforced. Now my query is if I want to apply for the statement of a particular employee in Revenue Dept, say Tahsildar office, who is the PA that I should be approaching.

    I think this is a good avenue to pursue by the RTI Activists.


  2. #2
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: Property Statement of Employees


    1. If you only want to find out whether employees have indeed submitted their "property returns", for how many years etc..., then that is definitley possible. The property returns have to be submitted to the Administrative Head of the Public Authority. You can address your RTI Application to the PIO of the Public Authority where the employee works.

    2. If you want to find out the contents of the "Property Returns", there are conflicting decisions on this - some allowing and some not allowing. So, just be careful while drafting your application (choose words and phrases carefully)

    This is certainly a interesting topic and you will get some very surprising answers !

    Some of the following threads will be of interest to you, in case you want to pursue further:


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android