Filing of RTI by Novoices
This is a discussion on Filing of RTI by Novoices within the Ask for Framing an RTI Question forums, part of the RTI Community Support category; Respedted Sir/Madam, Please, give below is the RTI application for bad condition of the roads, please help to rectify the error and to make the RTI even more powerfull with ...
- 06-23-2011, 08:13 AM #1Opening Up
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Surya Prakash Narayan Jha
Filing of RTI by Novoices
Please, give below is the RTI application for bad condition of the roads, please help to rectify the error and to make the RTI even more powerfull with powerfull words and please also tell me to whom do i send this and what is the porcedure for the doing the same.
This application pertains to the State of Tamil Nadu and City of Chennai.
the application reads as..
DETAILS OF “STREET AND ROAD WORKS” CARRIED OUT
During the period from 01 Jan 2002 to 20 Jun 2011 please provide information in respect of the following area/roads/streets:
1st Street, Sri Sakthi Ganapathy Nagar ,Kalaingar Nagar, Jothi Nagar, Ajax (Back Side), Thiruvottiyur, Chennai – 600 019.
1. Please give a list of all works related to improvement of roads and streets carried out in this area during the stated period.
2. Please state the number of times the repairs (both minor and major) have been carried out on each road and street in this area? For each repair work, the list should contain
a. the length of the street or the road repaired and identify the starting and the ending point by house numbers or other methods
b. exact location of spots where the work was carried out
c. name of the work
d. work order no.
e. length of repair
f. average width of repair
g. method of repair
h. what was the composition of repair
i. actual date of start
j. actual date of completion
k. amount paid or payable
l. status of work
m. name of the contractor
n. mode of improvement of that road or street
3. If the work was done departmentally, please also provide the following information:
a. Copy of relevant portion of stock register
b. Copy of relevant portion of labour register
4. If the work was done through a contractor, please also provide the following information:
a. Copy of the contract and other document outlining terms and conditions
b. Copy of measurement book (both abstract entries & record entries)
c. Copy of sketch
d. Copy of details of estimates
e. Names of the Assistant Engineer and the Executive Engineer who inspected each of these works and passed payments.
f. Please state the portions of these works which were inspected by them.
g. If there was any guarantee clause in the contract, please state if it was invoked till now. If no, please state reasons in spite of the fact that the roads are in such bad condition.
5. After you have prepared the above information, I would like to inspect your measurement books and work order registers related to these works to ensure that you have given complete information. Please let me know 3 separate dates and times so that I may choose one and advise you accordingly. Please also state the venue where I can come for inspection.
6. The roads are no roads at all. Please give specific reasons for the bad condition of each of these roads separately.
7. If any of the roads is broken due to water staying on the road, please intimate whether it is due to wrong camber or due to clogged drains?
8. If it is due to wrong camber, please state the reasons for passing the payment.
9. Please state what action is due against the engineer who inspected the road and let it pass like this.
10. If it is due to clogged drain, please provide the following information from the concerned department which dealt with it:
a. Dates when these drains were cleaned during the stated period.
b. Give copy of the measurement book of the cleaning carried out.
c. Provide the names of the officials who inspected and passed the payments.
d. This means that these officials did not do their job properly. Their inaction has caused so much loss to the exchequer and much inconvenience to the public. They are also guilty of criminal misconduct under section 13(1)(d) of the Prevention of corruption Act. Please state what action is due against them.
11. The fact that these roads have broken shows that very bad material has been used in the roads.
a. Please state if you have made any enquiries to ascertain the quality of the roads.
b. Please state the outcome of the enquiries along with a copy of the enquiry report and all documents upon which such report is based.
c. Please state if any responsibilities have been fixed.
d. Please state the date of start and date of completion of each enquiry.
12. The payments appear to have been made fraudulently and the inspection carried out by the engineers was faulty. Please state what enquiries are due to against the engineers who passed the payments and did faulty inspection.
13. I want to take sample of material of each of these roads from five different places of my choice under section 2(j)(iii) of the Right to Information Act, 2005. The samples should be collected in my presence and should be sealed and certified. Please intimate me 3 separate dates and times so that I may choose one and advise you accordingly. Please also advise me the venue where I should come and who I should meet to start the exercise.
14. When will these roads be layed now?
(Surya Prakash Narayan Jha)
133,1st Street, Sri Sakthi Ganapathy Nagar,
Ajax (Back Side)
Chennai – 600 019
- 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM #2
Re: Filing of RTI by Novoices
Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for Tamil Nadu.
These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide
Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ
Please also read the links given on the home page: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/content/
These will be of help to you during the RTI process.