Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Seeking justice via RTI Act

Seeking justice via RTI Act
    Parents of teenager crushed under MC truck want information
    As reported by Puneet Pal Singh Gill in Tribune on dated 26 August 2011

Soutce : http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110827/ldh1.htm#12

Making the right to information (RTI) Act a tool for seeking justice, parents of Abhishek Maingi, who died after being crushed under a Ludhiana municipal corporation (MC) garbage truck on August 6, have sought information under the Act about the details of the vehicle, its worthiness certificate issued by the transport department, details about the driver and other details from the MC.

“Enough is enough. Many innocent people have lost their lives to MC garbage trucks. When I get this information, I will be able to present my point of view by suggesting some alternatives to the civic body as well as the state government. It will not only help society, but put a stop to such deaths, which are very unfortunate,” said Akhilesh’s father Lokesh Mohan Maingi.Lokesh prepared an RTI application, with 26 questions, which had been sent to the public information officer (headquarters) of the MC.

“It is sad that people are being treated like animals in the city. Despite several deaths, the MC has failed to put brakes on this menace. Whenever someone dies in such incidents, MC officials come with a compensation cheque for Rs 2 lakh. Does they mean that the cost of a human life is Rs 2 lakh? It is shameful on their part,” rued Maingi.
    He pointed out that MC trucks ferries garbage from 10 pm to 5 am in some cities. “Why can the MC not fix these timings when it knows that traffic on roads will be comparatively less? Instead it fixes morning and afternoon hours, when a large number of people are using roads. That is why such incidents take place,” said Maingi, who had formed the NGO Akhilesh Maingi Welfare Society.

Name:
    Sajib Nandi
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Monthly Activity
    20.64%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Seeking justice via RTI Act

Sabharwal786,

Since you are from the same city, please get in touch with Mr. Lokesh Maingi and help him in the RTI matter.

Regards

Name:
    Rohit Sabharwal
    Total Downloaded
    3.68 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    48.25%
    Monthly Activity
    1.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sajib Nandi View Post
    Sabharwal786,

Since you are from the same city, please get in touch with Mr. Lokesh Maingi and help him in the RTI matter.

Regards
    Dear Sir

I have also filed two RTI applications on the issuce & the same are enclosed herewith & i'm in touch with Mr. Lokesh.

Thanks & Regards

Rohit
    Attached Files Attached Files

Name:
    Rohit Sabharwal
    Total Downloaded
    3.68 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    48.25%
    Monthly Activity
    1.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sajib Nandi View Post
    Sabharwal786,

Regards
    Dear Sir,

I have also filed Two RTI applications on the issue & i'm in touch with Mr. Lokesh. The Draft of my applications are as below.

Thanks & Regard

Rohit

Date: 12th August 2011

The Public Information Officer (HQ),
    Municipal Corporation,
    Zone –D, Ludhiana.

Subject: - Application under the Right to Information Act, 2005.

Following information is sought under Right to Information Act, 2005 regarding the Tipper’s running in the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana for handling the Municipal Solid Waste. In this regard being a citizen of India within the meaning of section 3 of the Right to Information Act, 2005, following information is sought under the said Act:

1. As per the record of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana please provide the Total number of Tipper’s running to handle the Municipal Solid Waste, in the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana.

2. Please provide the copies of the RC’s (Registered Certificates) of all the Tipper’s running to handle the Municipal Solid Waste, in the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana.

3. Please provide the copies of the Insurance (latest) of all the Tipper’s running to handle the Municipal Solid Waste, in the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana.

4. Please provide the copies of the Fitness Certificate (latest) issued by the Motor Vehicle Inspector/ District Transport office/ Competent Authority to all the Tipper’s running to handle the Municipal Solid Waste, in the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana.

5. As per the records of the Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana please provide the names along with designation of the persons who are operating the Tipper’s running to handle the Municipal Solid Waste, in the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana.

6. Please provide the copies of the Driving Licence of all the persons operating the Tipper’s running to handle the Municipal Solid Waste, in the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana.

7. As per the records of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana please provide the information of the causalities/ injuries which took place due to the accidents during the running of the Tipper’s to handle the Municipal Solid Waste, in the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana. This information is required from 01.01.2007 to till date.

You are requested to abide by the provisions of section 6, clause 3 regarding the transfer of the said application. In case the requisite information or any part thereof is not available with your office please inform me regarding such transfer.

You are also requested to send all the correspondence/Information by speed post only, for which
    I’m enclosing a self addressed envelope affixed with tickets of Rs.12/- for speed post purpose. I’m enclosing a postal orders no. 94E 739383 for Rs.10/- (Ten) as application fee.

Sir, in case the correspondence/Information will be send by any other mode else than speed post & is not received by the undersigned then the entire responsibility will be yours. You are requested to provide the certified copies of information.

Yours truly,

Rohit Sabharwal

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription