As reported in timesofindia.indiatimes.com on 08 Sep 2011:
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ndian-railways

Another RTI applicant attacked in city

RAJKOT: In yet another incident of attack on Right to Information (RTI) Act applicant in Gujarat, Parshuram Kishanlal Mali (48) was assaulted by four persons here on Wednesday. The victim, who was admitted in a local hospital for treatment, later filed a police complaint against four persons.

Mali, who is a guard with the Indian Railways, is a resident of Sarswatinagar in Surendranagar district. He had sought details under the RTI Act about some construction projects of the railways.

"I was about to report to the higher authorities about the irregularities on the basis of the information that I had obtained under RTI Act. This had scared the contractors, who attacked me," he said in his complaint.

He said he was going to railway union office near Kothi Compound and saw railway contractors Rajubha and Bhojubha over there. "As soon as they saw me, the contractors and their two men pounced on me and beat me up," the victim said.

Pradhumannagar police station officials have filed a complaint against Rajubha, Bhojubha and two other unidentified persons.

The accused have been booked under various Indian Penal Code sections, including 325, 323 and 504.

"Mali is posted in Surendranagar. He is also a secretary of labour union in the railways. We are investigating the case and more details would emerge during investigation,'' investigation officer J P Gadhvi said. Police said Mali has suffered a fracture.