0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Gazetted officer

1. Please tell me who are included in gazetted officer. Give me the detail?
    2. Muncipal school headmaster or Bank manager is included or not?

Name:
    mukesh kr
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.17%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Gazetted officer

hi
    welcome to rti india
    Gazetted Officers are those who have can have a name stamp to Sign papers. in other words, they have a right to attest papers.

Gazetted Officers in India are generally high rank holders in the govt, a institute head etc.

A govt. employee is said to be a gazetted officer if he holds a post equivalent or higher than the police equivalent of Assistant Commission.

Some of the gazetted officers include, assistant commissioner, govt school principal, JEE of a telephone exchange, manager of bank branches, etc.

Apart from this, professionals like CA, CS, Lawyers have also been given a status to attest. but they are not called a gazetted officer.

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.77%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

#GazettedOfficer is a higher level ranked public servant. Article 309 of the Constitution of India (Part XIV Services under the Union and States) specifies the recruitment and service conditions of persons serving under the Union and States.

Under this power, names of the Class I officers either recruited or promoted by UPSC, along with legal notices, amendments to recruitment rules, etc are published in the Official Gazette of India. And all such officers listed in the gazette are therefore called Gazetted Officers.

Authority for a gazetted officer to issue an official stamp comes from the President of India or Governors of states or union territories. The Gazette of India is published on regular basis by the Department of Publication, Ministry of Urban Development. It is an official central government or state government publication (also called "Gazette") which publishes the appointment or promotions of certain government officials. An officer or public servant, who is appointed under the seal of the Governor of the concerned state or by the President of India at national level, requires being listed in the Indian Gazette or State Government Gazette to be considered a Gazetted Officer.

If a person's name is published in the Gazette, he/she is called Gazetted. Many are honorary Justices of the Peace and have the same standing as some of the Magistrates. Such officers, among other functions, have the power to verify the documents for academic, immigration and other purposes. The Government of India or the Government of States in India classifies public officials into Group A, B(Gazetted), B(Non-Gazetted), C and D. Earlier classification was Class I, II(Gazetted), II(Non-Gazetted), III and IV. Class A or Grade I is the highest rank class and the Class D or Grade IV is the least.

Grade I and II (Gazetted) belong to the class of officers whose transfer, appointment, promotion and superannuation is published on a yearly basis in the official gazette of state or central government. These officials belong to the managerial or highly educated class of government servants

Information on Central Gazetted Officers is contained in Central Gazette which can be purchased .
    Information on State Gazetted Officers is contained in State Gazette which can be purchased .

Here is the link to find about all Gazetted officers : Home
    Recommendation debnanda Recommended this
    Important Shrawan Pathak, vsprajan marked it as Important

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Gazetted officer in central government

Sir,

Please inform me what is the defenition and classification of gazetted officers who blongs to the central govt. of India.And also please give me the idea from which grade pay the gazetted officer post starts.Whether the entire gtoup B officers blongs to the gazetted officeers or not if it is no frome which grad pay it is starts.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.21%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Member

This portal does not provide information but helps members to effectively use RTI Act 2005 and get the information. Kindly refer post # 3, if the book or list is not available, u can file RTI application with PIO of concerned dept (centre/state) for info on this.

regards
    Important debnanda marked it as Important

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Gazetted officers post in ahmedabad

Hello Respected Sir,

I would like to inform you that i have to make true copy of education document for filling form of domicile certificate.
    i went to p.i. ( police inspector) but he did not sign and called for next day,and now he is out of ahmedabad.
    now i want to know about other persons who are known as gazetted officer,
    please solve this problem as early as possible.

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers