Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can wife know husband Government job salary & PF details.

Hi,

Actually my mom wants to know information about my father salary and EPF details( My father is working as a Sub-Inspector in U.P. Police). Because according to my father when he will get retire (next year will get retire), will not get any PF or fund(I donít know the name of fund which all gov. employees get at retirement time) on retirement time.
    My mother also wants to open joined account with him for pension but according to him joined account is not possible to open.

Query:
    1) Is it possible for my mom to know my father income details & EPF details?
    2) Is it possible to know why joined salary account is not being opened for pension?

The main question is that would RTI help her to know this information? or there is any other way can help my mom to know this information.

Please reply as soon as possible..............!!

Thanks & Regars,
    Anil Singh

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.77%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Can wife know husband Government job salary & PF details.

your mother can know the salary details of your father . In fact anyone can get salary details of an employee using RTI Act Application .
    EPF details will be exempt from disclosure u/s 8(1)(e) unless competent authority is satisfied of over-riding public interest . see Decision No. CIC/SG/C/2010/901457/13104 here : http://www.icai1.nic.in/cic_decision...04_M_59236.pdf
    As to why joined salary account is not being opened for pension .... you can get certified copy of Norms in this relation from the concerned bank .

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    4.26 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%
    Monthly Activity
    46.06%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your father is entitled for Gratuity and commuted pension amount, in addition to pesion. The Pension Account itself is a joit account when wife is surviving but become opeative by wife only after death of the pensioner for receiving Family Pension. Go to a nationalized bank say SBI and demand for opening of a Pension Account. Go with address proof, joint photograph of husband and wife.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%
    Monthly Activity
    13.35%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bank will open joint account only if your father and mother agree to open such an account. If your father does not want to have joint account, bank cannot open it.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    KA
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.62%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr.s.malhotra View Post
    your mother can know the salary details of your father . In fact anyone can get salary details of an employee using RTI Act Application .
    EPF details will be exempt from disclosure u/s 8(1)(e) unless competent authority is satisfied of over-riding public interest . see Decision No. CIC/SG/C/2010/901457/13104 here : http://www.icai1.nic.in/cic_decision...04_M_59236.pdf
    As to why joined salary account is not being opened for pension .... you can get certified copy of Norms in this relation from the concerned bank .
    one can get returns filed by employer, read this attached cic decision
    for returns do check this sites http://www.epfbandra.org:8080/home.html and http://www.epfindia.com/for_employers.htm

The copy of the returns filed under Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952, alongwith the name of Employees filed by Consolidated industries bearing Employer Registration Code No.MH/20718 dated 01.08.1980 situated at 61, Dr. S. S. Rao Road, Parel, Mumbai ó 400 012 for the period 01st April 2007 to 3l March 2010.

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    4.26 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%
    Monthly Activity
    46.06%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

jj99 - please read post#2 carefully. The issue under discussion is pensionary benefits of a Government Official, including PF, which is not governed by EPFO.

Name:
    KA
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.62%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raveen_O - Madam please refer post 1 under query part wife wants to known epf details which can received via RTI route
    also please will be highly obliged if you could enlighten me on epf deductions of employees which are paid by compnay ( employer ) to pf office which get a interest as declared by central govt. I agree that cumulative figure is not allowed, but if one takes yearly returns for each year one can arrive at an approximate figure

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    4.26 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%
    Monthly Activity
    46.06%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Member posted P#1 may not be aware about the intricacy of PF and EPF. Since his father is a Govt Employee, only PF is applicable and not EPF.

The interest rate on EPF is decided on an year to year basis.