Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What all document required at the time of police verification for passport!!

Hi group.... I am new to this group...first of all I wud like to thax Dr. Kushal for his endeavour .
    I applied for passport on 16th sept 2008. I have two different addresses for verification in the passport form...but when i went to one of the two(as i have twoo address)police station for its verification ,the verifier started demanding me lots of documents which were not even required at passport submission...
    like birthplace certificate ...my DOB is 1982....I dont have that document ...also i cant affidavit it...as i need a prove for that....
    I just want to knw is it a new way of harrassing people and demanding illegal money in lieu of that ...or really this document is required...
    I am from Pune....
    plz help me as soon as possible....

Thx in advance...

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.18%
    Monthly Activity
    49.66%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: What all document required at the time of police verification for passport!!

Welcome to RTI forum Rahul.

Police has to verify only the address at you are staying and has nothing to do with your date of birth or any other details. You need to provide only your proof of residence and reference to two neighbors who can vouch for you.

As this site is only for discussion on RTI matter I request you to visit our another site http://bighelpers.org/forum.

Your further questions will not be answered in this forum.

Name:
    ASHISH mishra
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    54.18%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Re: What all document required at the time of police verification for passport!!

I also went through the same,
    During the police verification ,police person have asked me the following documents,
    Current residence proof -: Notarized agreement,Light bill,Bank statement,Letter from society that i am staying there,simailarlly all this for my previous address,
    For identity proof-: Birth certificate,Voter ID,

he was not ready to accept Driving license ,PAN card as identity proof, finally i ahve to manage all this documents and also bribe.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.46%
    Monthly Activity
    6460.5%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: What all document required at the time of police verification for passport!!

Dear Ashish

Please refer post # 2 & also read: http://www.bighelpers.org/forum/comm...id-proofs.html

regards

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription