Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need urgent help - Delhi Registration Authority refusing to register a WILL on my own property

Hello,

I am in need for some urgent help. A few days back I applied to register a former Will regarding a property completely owned by me but the authority refused to accept my application and I got no satisfactory reply around the reasons for the same. Can I use RTI to understand the reasons and how can I do the same ?

Regards

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    4.26 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.22%
    Monthly Activity
    30.03%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Need urgent help - Delhi Registration Authority refusing to register a WILL on my own property

Is there any pending litigation about this property?
    Likes Mohit Dureja liked this post

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.98%
    Monthly Activity
    0.32%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Need urgent help - Delhi Registration Authority refusing to register a WILL on my own property

Is it a Will in which you are the testator or the previous owner of your property is the testator? Because in Delhi, I have come across many instances of "power of attorney sale" accompanied with a Will deed drawn in favour of third parties who are in no way related to each other.
    Likes Mohit Dureja liked this post

Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many thanks for the replies.

1. No, their is no litigation in progress with respect to the said property.

2. This is a free hold property in my name where the previous owner in nowhere in picture. The sale deed was registered a few years back. Also 2 months back a relieving date was registered by the same sub-registrar's authority where my daughter gave away all claims from the property in my favor.

Thanks for all the help again and I will be eagerly looking for your reply.

Name:
    Dr.V.S.Prasanna Rajan
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    8.55 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.51%
    Monthly Activity
    2.64%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Enclosed with this post is the recent judgment of the supreme court in connection with the registration of WILL in connection with property sale. It is decided in that judgment that only a proper sale deed is a proof of ownership.

Name:
    Surendera M. Bhanot
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.62%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not see any hitch in registering a will. Under the Indian Succession Act, you have a rightto get your will registered. The only thing is that you draw a proper will and follow a proper procedure. You need to sign and date the will in presence of two witness.

Consult a lawyer.

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%
    Monthly Activity
    0.14%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This appears to be a strange thread .
    For Registration of a WILL the Registrar / Sub-Registrar do not verify the owner-ship of property mentioned in the WILL. The only implication would be that the WILL would not be executable qua property bequeathed illegally by the Executant / Testator after the demise of such Executant / Testator .

If the refusal to Register the Will is documented , then you may seek reasons for the decision not to Register the WILL u/4(1)(d) , if not , then file a written formal Complaint with District Collector or as advised by your counsel .