Thread: recognised degrees

recognised degrees

there are state sponsored open universities where a person without formal education can earn a masters degree in any discipline but to get it he has to put in hard work, study the subjects and secure the prescribed marks.but what use having such a degree if it is not recognised by other conventional universities or by UPSC,ICAI,etc., if the degree holder wants to persue higher studies nor gets a priority to secure a job.
    The students and parents alike have been lured into this cobweb created by the policy makers{UGC} in the name of getting cheap and affordable education to the common man. They are non-communicative if we seek information on the status of recognition.
    The AIU, is more for getting degrees of even non-descript foreign universities than thinking of the position of our own open universities.
    I think the matter comes under the ambit of the RTI Act, and you should act in the matter. Thanks

2. Re: recognised degrees

Dear Mr. M. V. Bhakta,

Welcome to RTI India!
    I appreciate your concern, however, I fail to understand how the matter you mentioned can be sorted out using RTI?

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android