Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seeking advise for inaction of the State Information Commission

My RTI
    SPEED POST WITH ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
    Partha Sarkar,
    Shivam Apartment, 8/84A, Netaji Nagar, Flat No 7, 1st Floor,
    P.S. Jadavpur, Kolkata - 700092. Mobile: 9038506359.

To
    The SPIOs/SAPIOs,
    Office of the District Magistrate, Balurghat Administrative office, Collectary,
    Balurghat, Dist. Dakshin Dinajpur, Pin Code: 733101.

Sub: Application under Section 6 (i) of Right To Information Act. 2005.

Sir;
    Mrs. Alpana Das (Sarkar) daughter of Late Nirod Ranjan Das is C.D.P.O., Kumargunj ICDS Projects, Dist. Dakshin Dinajpur and Resident of Hazipur (Mahinagar), P.O. Balurghat, Dist. Dakshin Dinajpur, W.B. Pin Code. 733103. Appointed under SC quota copy of certified copies all enclosed herewith.

Her father Late Nirod Ranjan Das was employed under Department of Agriculture, West Bengal, retired 31.01.2006 from Office of the Assistant Director of Agriculture, Raiganj Sub-division, P.O. Karnajora, Raiganj, Dist. Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, as Accountant–cum-Head Clerk.

I had applied for details of their appointment from the appropriate authorities and confirmed that Late Nirod Ranjan Das appointed in the above post under General Category and Mrs. Alpana Das (Sarkar) appointed in the above post under SC Category all certified copies are enclosed herewith for your kind reference please.

With reference to the above please provide me the following information as per the statute of the RTI Act. 2005 regarding Mrs. Alpana Das (Sarkar):

1. Mrs. Alpana Das (Sarkar) is SC Category and her father Sri Nirod Ranjan Das retired from the above service as General Category employee. Did your officials verify/investigate the above mater before issuing her SC certificate? If yes please provide certified copies of details reports of Mrs. Alpana Das (Sarkar).

2. Please provide all certified copies of documents/ certificates/letters/ proceedings/orders numbers & certified copies of letters/proceedings/orders etc. which had supported your office issuing SC Certificate to Mrs. Alpana Das (Sarkar)?

3. Please provide certified copy of rule/GO or appropriate statute of the Act which had supported, issuing the abovementioned SC Certificate to Mrs. Alpana Das (Sarkar).

4. Please provide Name & Designation of the officers/Employees who were responsible for verification/investigation of the entire abovementioned processes/verifications/investigations issuing her SC Certificate.

5. In the event that the process of application and certification and thereafter appointment under quota reserved for SC candidates being subject of serious fraud and other criminal acts. kindly mention the name of person(s) who shall be tried under various sections of IPC, including Sec.465, 120b, etc.?

6. In event of (5) above please mention the authorities who should be notified for inquiry, investigations etc. related to State Govt. employees who are a party to above undesirable criminally offensive events?

Required court fees have been affixed herewith and actual cost of copies sought for will be provided under the RTI Act, 2005 and requesting your office to reply as per statute of the Act.

Yours Truly

PARTHA SARKAR
    Date: 22.01.2011. Encl. all above.

No reply hence State Commision Conducted Hearing on 06.09.2011. SDO has submitted a report which was not actual information I sught for. On the date of hearing Commission was pleased on my submission and directed the SDO on 12.09.2011 to furnish information to me with intimation to them within 30 days from the date of received of the order. SDO did not provide me information but sent a mail to the commission. which I obtained through another fresh RTI at Commission. But SDO are reamain untouched Commission did not impose penalty etc.

Details of my steps attached herewith

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    4.26 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.66%
    Monthly Activity
    40.43%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Seeking advise for inaction of the State Information Commission

Please file Complaint with the commission.

HOW TO FILE COMPLAINT U/S 18(1) by JPS50
    COMPLAINT UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - Guide

Also read:

CONSUMER REMEDY by jps50
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...n-seekers.html

Consumer Notice by jps50
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ation-act.html

CONSUMER COMPLAINT DRAFT AND GUIDE by jps50
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...laint-rti.html

HUMAN RIGHTS REMEDY by jps50:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...formation.html
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    partha sarkar
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kindly advice me as per attachment to frame quaetion and to whom:

1. SDO,
    2. Backward class dept.
    3. State information commission.

To
    The State Public information Officer,
    Office of the Sub-Division officer, Balurghat Sadar Sub-Division,
    Balurghar, Dist.- Dakshin Dinajpur.
    Pin code: 733101.

Subject: Seeking Information under the Right To Information Act, 2005.
    Ref: Memo no 1493/SDO, dated 19.10.2011 (copy enclosed).

In the matter of: Smt. Alpana Das, daughter of Late Nirod Ranjan Das is currently working as C.D.P.O., under ICDS Project of Department of Women & Child Development & Social Welfare at Kumarganj, Dist. Dakshin Dinajpur under reserved category and is residing at Vill. Hazipur (Mahinagar), P.O. Baltala Park, Dist. Dakshin Dinajpur.

Sir!
    In spirit of the section 6 (1) of the RTI Act, 2005 kindly furnish the following information:

1. Whether the then SDO had followed SC/ST Identification Act, 1994 read with SC/ST Identification Rules, 1995 before issuing of SC certificate to Smt. Alpana Das?
    2. A copy of investigation report with relevant supporting enclosures if any, such investigation done by the SDO in spirit of section 3 of the SC/ST Identification Rules, 1995.
    3. Why did the SDO requisition the service of the Department of BCW for searching the records? In which office such records are maintained? The probability does not amount to certainty.
    4. Why such enquiry into the matter of issuance of SC certificate in favaour of Late Nirod Nanjan Das father of Smt. Alpana Das cannot be made? It seems the SDO is not interested in unearthing the truth about the whole mater.
    5. Which authority is competent to order enquiry into the issuance of SC certificate in favour of Late Nirad Ranjan Das and also which authority can comment about the matter in question?
    6. Who is responsible for missing records and what action has been taken against the relevant records?
    7. What information was supplied by the CDPO, Kumarganj?
    8. Who has issued to Alpana Calcutta Gazette Notification No, 389-TW/EC/MR – 52/93 dated 17.05.1995 issued by the BCW Department?
    9. Copies of the enquiry report by iten Rabids to be supplied.
    10. Whether SC/ST Identifiaction Act, 1994 read with SC/ST Identification Rules, 1995 have been followed before issuing the SC certificate in favour of Smt. Alpana Das?

Required court fees Rs. 10/- have been affixed herewith as per the RTI Act, 2005 and requesting to provide information that are seeking under the RTI Act, 2005.

I state that the information sought does not fall within the restrictions contained in Section 8 of the Act and to best of my knowledge it pertains to your office “Exemption from disclosure of information”.

Yours Truly,

PARTHA SARKAR
    Date: 16.12.2011.

ADDRESS: Kolkata - 700092. Mobile: +91-XXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    E-mailPosting of mail ids/mob no. is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)
    Enclosed Photo copies as described below:
    1. Memo no 3008-WBIC/RTI/08/11, dated 05.12.2011.
    2. Memo no 1493/SDO, dated 19.10.2011.

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.69%
    Monthly Activity
    0.2%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting matter .

Apart from using RTI , you should immediately file a complaint with
    District Magistrate whose office had issued the certificate .

Secondly , file a formal complaint with department of the employee and seek Inquiry into the genuineness of the SC Certificate in view of the General category of her father .

then after 30 days seek action taken on your complaints to 2 authorities . It may put either of the two authorities in the dock . Give a very subtle hint that you approach the Court in the matter .