Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.11%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RTI for getting Road tax refund from UP for a vehicle whose NOC was issued in 2007

I shifted from MuzaffarNagar UP to Hyderabad in Aug 2007. I applied for NOC for my vehicle (registered in 2005 in UP RTO) in sept 2007 and later took my vehicle to hyderabad and got it registered in AP by paying ROAD tax and penalty for late registration after taking noc from UP. The number of vehicle changed from UPXXXXXX to APXXXXXX.
    Now i want to file for refund of Road tax from UP RTO, i agree it is very late, but is it documented somewhere that refund of road tax should be done within a stipulated time period? if not then i will like to know how can i proceed, as when i approached muzaffarnagar RTO he mentioned this kind of refund is not possible and they never cancel any vehicle registration, i can bring the vehicle back to UP and again start driving it without re-registering it - which i doubt? So i need help in following
    1) can i file an RTI to RTO officer to know exactly whether i can apply for refund or not, and if not than where is such a clause mentioned which talks about time-period during which a refund of road tax should be done after applying for NOC?
    2) which forms should be used for RTO refund from UP RTO, as there is online form available for UP RTO at their website.
    3) PIO name and address for RTI application for RTO UP, as the pdf available in Uttar Pradesh Transport Department is not displaying correct FONT on my system (may be due to lack of some special hindi font)?

-regards
    arpit garg

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.06%
    Monthly Activity
    0.74%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: RTI for getting Road tax refund from UP for a vehicle whose NOC was issued in 2007

Dear Arpit

a. Yes u can ask for copy of rules applicable in this regard.

b. Check the form no (applicable for the case) from their portal and u can download from other sources also.

c. Name of PIO is not required for filing for RTI application. IN Uttar Pradesh Assistant Regional Transport Officer is PIO.

d. Details can be checked here: UP Transport: Right to Information

e. ALSO refer:
    UP RTI Rules 2005 - Guide
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html

regards