User Tag List

View Poll Results: why or how are you an aryan or a dravidian?

Voters
1. This poll is closed
  • Aryan/Dravidian because I was taught that way in school

0 0%
  • Aryan/Dravidian because I was fair/dark in colour

0 0%
  • Aryan/Dravidian because north indian languages are way different from south indian languages

0 0%
  • Indian because the entire nation has the same tradition and culture

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Name:
    Samba Siva Rao Kolusu
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question query ASI about the proof or lack thereof regarding AIT?

Hi gurus,

I want to request the Archeological Survey of India about any proofs they have gathered to substantiate the Aryan Invasion Theory, which is taught to school children at an early age amounting to brainwashing.

While at school I protested and debated with my history teacher that neither our mythology nor our language/culture can support that baseless theory, it is hurting more and more when some supra intelligent person like Justice Katzu publishes in the entire national media an article stating "India has been a nation of immigrants".

It is time we decide once and for all if this AIT has any substance at all or if it doesn't then scrap that from our school text books.

If at all a war had been fought by the so called Aryans and Dravidians, as put forward by Max Mueller, either the winners or the losers would have recorded that war in their history, folklore, stories, etc; one section for celebrating their victory and the other section as a means to revenge that defeat. There has been no literary, folklore, jaanapadha, or whatever evidence that can give slight clue to such a war, in any of the Indian languages-- neither the samskrutham recorded such event nor any of the south indian languages recorded that.

Another important factor often overlooked by experts is that none of the south Indian languages claim to be a derivative of so called language Dravidian. As far as thelugu is concerned, I read poetry that is more than 1000 years old which plays jokes at the Dravidian(Tamilian) people and culture. I heard the same from some Kannada folks that their literature does not hold Dravidian as a parent or any superior language and on the otherhand treat it with fun. Similarly, there are instances when Tamilian literature made fun of other south indian languages, several hundred years ago. Neither Thelugu, nor Kannada claim that they have their origins in Dravida language; in fact for those two languages, Dravida means Tamil alone. Nannayya, a theulug poet, wrote 1000 years ago that thelugu is an admixture of Samskrutham and Praakrutham as his first few words in a dictionary of thelugu grammer and sounds that he wrote.

So, I would like get some help from the RTI gurus here on how I can file an RTI application with ASI to get any information they may have on this subject. I would want to pursue the issue with PIL in Supreme Court of India as the next once I get relevant information from ASI.

Also, please provide information regarding the postal address, and how & on whose behalf I need to pay the fee.

Thanking in advance,
    Regards,
    Samba

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: query ASI about the proof or lack thereof regarding AIT?

India has been a nation of immigrants

You have made valid points, but remember that ancient India was economically sound and a vibrant society, so immigration might have happened. Immigration is not always aggression. People always move from one place to another just like people today migrate to the USA from around the world in hope for a better life.

Name:
    Samba Siva Rao Kolusu
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Might have happened is different from saying that it indeed had happened. One more thing I wanted to include but forgot to point out is a 'distinctive indianness in the scripts of almost all indian languages, irrespective of northern or southern'.

Most Indian languages, including southern languages, follow the same pattern as that of Samskrutham, i.e. vowels are sounded in their pure form and thsese sounds appened to the consonants to make the 'varna maala' like 'k+a=ka', 'k'+'e'='ki', 'k'+'u'='ku', etc unlike 'kay', or 'kee' or 'kye' of english or greek or representing ideas in symbols like that chinese languages. It is a distinctive feature of Indian languages and all the Indian languages, especiall y the four southern languages inherit this principle from Samskrutham.

Nowhere in the Rugvedham, which is considered to be the oldest available literature of the so called 'Aryas' was mentioned that they have come from a land different than they currently live on. They so vividly mention the sacred rivers like Sarasvathi, Shathudhru(Sutluj), Sindhu, Ganga which are all present on this land itself. If at all, any substance can be made from this diversity, it can be that the aryans were northern indians who slowly spread down to the southern India and during that time the southern India might not have been as much culturally or civilizationally advanced as the northerners and hence might have accepted the culture and civilization of the northerners stiill retaining their nativities as far as possible. Some credence comes to this supposition because it was first in Raamaayana that a mention was made that someone crossed vindhya parvathaas and reached teh southern landmass and finally went to Lanka. Perhaps, the Vaanaraas mentioned therein could be the tribals or uncivilized people in those areas in wilderness. But when it comes to Mahaabhaaratham, it clearly mentions that Aandhraas, Paandyaas, Keralaas, etc have fought in favour of Dhuryodhana and against Paandavaas. So, it oculd be a cultural progression and spreading out to wilderness but not a occupation from an external tribe as the AIT puts it. One important objection comes to this viewpoint that i put from the southern people who could not accept that they once were uncivilized or tribals and were culturally taught and civilized by the northerners, mistakenly called Aryans. 'Aarya' in thelugh means 'respected sir' which was actually inherited from Samskrutham. I read the Rugvedham to just understand if there is any such mention of an invasion from external forces in it; but to the contrary I noticed that the writers of Rug Vedham do not claim themselves as 'Aaryans' but as heirs of sages Angeerasa or Gouthama, etc. The word Aarya is used in contexts such as : Agni, Varuna, AAaryaman, Indhra, and other Aaryans (other noble men). In fact this reading Rug Vedham helped me a lot in recognizing the real value of our vedhaas and so far i was able to discover some significant explanations depicting well known scientific theories; the investigation is still on and i plan to publish a book once i am able to unearth sufficient material.

Name:
    Samba Siva Rao Kolusu
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Further, if we accept that the Aaryans are foreigners then the Vedhaas are foreign and there is nothing that is our own; it creates an identity crisis as to who we are! after all, we cannot live like animals to 'enjoy' the day the way we like. And it is this identity crisis that is still keeping us virtually spineless when it comes to putting the national interests before personal interests . When do you excel? not when you have a need but when you have passion!

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    297.4 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.75%
    Monthly Activity
    62.41%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Members,

Please restrict your discussions on this forum to its main focus - RTI Act 2005
    @cjkarira

Name:
    Samba Siva Rao Kolusu
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Folks, please guide me how should I file an RTI request to ASI and what is the mode of payment of fee and to which account?

Thanks and Regards,
    Samba

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.21%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Member

ASI is Govt office under Central Govt so payment of RTI fee (as per rule) of Rs.10/ (by IPO/DD/BC) in favour of ACCOUNTS OFFICER. Please refer: RTI Rules, Fees for Centre and Useful Info about CIC - RTI Guide

Also refer:
    http://asi.nic.in/rti/RTI_OO92_CPIO_03_07_09.pdf
    http://asi.nic.in/rti/asi_directory.pdf

In case of any doubt you can call on the provided no.s for details OR u can send blank IPO with request to PIO to fill the correct details.

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & Guide of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Name:
    Samba Siva Rao Kolusu
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Ambarish for the details,

I would like to know if I should pay more fee towards providing the information in CD / DVD if the information is too large to be provided in paper.

What if the ASI need to provide huge volumes of info, would they consult me back to pay for the amount or should I pay in advance assuming that this query might result huge info to be shared?

Appreciate your help,
    Thanks and Regards,
    Samba