0%
    Monthly Activity
    58.69%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hand over of ATM PIN No to authorized person

My sister applied for ATM card in Bank of India. Now the same document lying with the bank. She is not well and under treatment in Delhi. So she has authorized me along with an authority letter to collect the ATM card and PIN no from the bank.

The Asst Manager has handover the ATM card to me but the Manager of the bank having the PIN no is denying to hand over the PIN even after showing the proper authorised letter.

QUESTION: My question is as my sister is unable to come and the manager is insisting to handover the PIN only to the card holder. Is their any provision in the banks to handover the documents after showing the proper authority letter? Kindly try to answer ASAP as my sister is very much in need of the money.

Regards
    Shiv Nath Singh Chauhan

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.37%
    Monthly Activity
    167.04%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Hand over of ATM PIN No to authorized person

Your query has nothing to do with RTI Act, which is the focus of this portal.

For reasons of customer's safety, banks always insist on the physical presence of the customer before handing over the card/PIN. A mere authority letter is not sufficient. If she has been issued a cheque book, let her withdraw money through cheques from Delhi itself.
    Likes Shiv Nath Singh liked this post

Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.5%
    Monthly Activity
    58.69%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lodge an online complaint with the Bank of India and note down the complaint no.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.37%
    Monthly Activity
    167.04%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    Lodge an online complaint with the Bank of India and note down the complaint no.
    It is not going to help. The guidelines are very clearcut. An ATM card is to be used only by the account holder and anybody else getting hold of the card & PIN number and withdrawing money using it, amounts to unauthorised usage. The bank is perfectly in order in refusing to handover the PIN to anyone else other than the account holder.
    Likes Shiv Nath Singh liked this post

Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.