60%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CCLA - RTI filed with CCLA, Hyderabad

I filed an RTI with CCLA, Hyderabad seeking information about land records such as title deeds, measurement area, details of owners prior to 1950 till date, details of boundaries as an extract from the records with the authorities. All this has been queried on the basis of latest municipal door numbers referred currently. No information about old/new survey number is available in correlation to current municipal door numbers.
    In my application I have also referred sec 6(3) where the authorities has to approach concerned public authority is the information sought is not relevant to them.
    But they replied stating " vide application filed dated ..... information is not available with CCLA's office, Hyderabad"
    I request forum members help to proceed further in order to get the relevant records.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    633.3 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.5%
    Monthly Activity
    40.24%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: CCLA - RTI filed with CCLA, Hyderabad

File a first appeal that if "information is not available in CCLA office", the PIO should have transferred it to the relevant PIO of the relevant public authority, under Sec 6(3).

If you know as to who else could be holding that information, then file a separate RTI application with that office. Maybe it is the sub registrars office where that land is located.
    @cjkarira

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    15.76 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%
    Monthly Activity
    1.87%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If land is in Municipal area, file RTI with SPIO of concerned municipal Corp and seek certified copy of all records relating to land and certified copies of documents based on which changes were made in records. You have to give exact location. Based on this information you may further dig out from other sources.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    DKD5087
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would like to thank members for valuable advise and shall keep you posted for latest developments post moving on with your suggestions.

Name:
    DKD5087
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today I have received reply to my FAA from Chief Comm Land Admn., Hyderabad. I have used grounds
    Sec 4 (I) (b) (i) of RTI act 2005
    Sec 4 (I) (b) (ii) of RTI act 2005
    Section 6 (3) of RTI act 2005
    in my appeal. As per the details available on CCLA's website Right To Information Act although the information partly information is held by them and partly with the office working under the same PA, they replied information is not available. Another valuable record called Muthakhab sought in my appeal, is held by PIO, of CCLA. But appellant authority did not made any comment in the reply on that piece of document.
    What should be my next course of action .. ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    633.3 KB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.5%
    Monthly Activity
    40.24%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you upload a copy of your first appeal and the FAAs order ? It will help the members guide you better.

If you are not satisfied with the FAAs order, the next option is to file a second appeal with the APIC.

Follow the AP RTI Rules and Fees strictly while filing second appeal: Guide
    @cjkarira

Name:
    DKD5087
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Right to Information Act, 2005
    First Appeal for State Government
    I.D. No_________ Date: _________ [For office use]
    To,
    The First Appellate Authority under RTI Act / Secretary
    O/o Chief Commissioner of Land Administration (CCLA),
    Station Rd., Abids, HYDERABAD.
    Sir,
    As I am aggrieved by decision of Public Information Officer, I hereby file this appeal for your kind decision.
    1. Details of appellant
    1.1 Full Name: My name
    1.2. Full Address: My address
    1.3 Phone/Cell No.: my mobile number
    1.4 Email ID: my email address
    2. Details of Public Information Officer (PIO):
    2.1 Name/Designation: S.Sundara Raju – PIO & Joint Secretary to CCLA
    2.2 Full Address: O/o CCLA, Stn. Road, Abids, Hyderabad.
    2.3 Name of Public Authority: Chief Commissioner of Land Administration
    3. Details of RTI application to PIO: Land Records of certain door numbers (ref. attached annexure)
    Date of Application: 24th December 2011
    Mailed on: 24th Dec 2011 by hand delivery
    Date of receipt by PIO: 24th December 2011
    4. Particulars of payment of filing fee:
    Paid Rs.200/- by bank draft No.052448 dated 24.12.2011 of A.P. Mahesh Co-op Urban Bank Ltd.
    5. Details of information sought:
    a. Land revenue records of eleven (11) door numbers referred in annexure attached with appeal.
    b. Title deeds of referred door numbers in the annexure attached
    c. Measurement area details of referred door numbers as per the annexure attached
    d. Details of owners of each door numbers from year 1952 to 2011
    e. Information about encumbrance, litigation if any against referred door numbers from the attached annexure
    f. Detailed information about boundaries of each door number as per record extracts
    g. Muntakhib records information of each door number for attached annexure (sought in addition to information requested in original RTI application)
    6. Particulars of Decision of PIO:
    Letter reference No: K3/1565/2011 dated 11.01.2012
    Date of PIO’s Decision: 11.01.2012
    Date of receipt of decision by the appellant: 26.01.2012
    7. Brief facts of the case:
    In line to the aforementioned details about the RTI filed seeking information relating to land records as per extracts from revenue department records, the information was not provided by the PIO of CCLA. Duties and powers of CCLAs office clearly states that all the land records pertaining to villages under Hyderabad district are held by referred public officer and are provided whenever required by any government authority or general public.
    In case if the relevant information is not available with addressed office, PIO was obliged to transfer the application filed to the concerned public office before sending an effortless reply stating ‘information not available in CCLAs office’.
    8. Reasons/grounds for this appeal:
    As per sec 4(I) (b) (i) of RTI act 2005 which states about the documents and information held by the department/ authority, CCLA’s office is responsible to preserve, maintain and provide information pertaining to land records within Hyderabad district. Referring to the same section and point number 4 published to general public ‘files relating to computerization of revenue department & land records’ are held by CCLA’s office. Thus the information records sought are absolutely relevant to addressed office and PIO should be obliged to provide the same as per the RTI application filed.
    9. Any other information in support of appeal:
    As per sec 4 (I) (b) (ii) of RTI act 2005 which obligate public authority about its duties and powers including its staff to provide information sought for which they are responsible. While the information sought by appellant about land records of referred door numbers as per revenue records is relevant to addressed office of public authority, PIO failed to furnish the same stating ‘information not available’.
    In my application u/s 6(3) of RTI act it was clearly stated that in case if the information is not related to addressed office, PIO is obliged to direct the application to relevant public authority. Instead the application was replied without providing details about concerned authority.
    10. Prayer/relief sought for:
    Provide the information requested in the application filed under RTI act 2005. OR
    Transfer the application to concerned public authority/ officer to which the information is more relevant.
    11. Grounds for prayer/relief sought for:
    Sec 4 (I) (b) (i) of RTI act 2005
    Sec 4 (I) (b) (ii) of RTI act 2005
    Section 6 (3) of RTI act 2005
    12. Personal Presence at hearing: YES
    13. Enclosures:
    Photocopies of original RTI application with acknowledgement of PIO
    Decision letter of PIO
    Copy of payment of application filing fee
    14. Declaration:
    I hereby declare that the information and particulars given above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I also declare that this matter is not previously filed with any information commission nor is pending with any Court/ tribunal/ authority.
    Place: Hyderabad
    Date: 29th January 2012
    Signature of appellant
    P.S. Please refer office memorandum dated 09-07-2007 issued by DoPT, Govt. of India.

Name:
    DKD5087
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60%
    Monthly Activity
    0.19%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Attached reply from FAA. (kindly bear with blurred image of doc.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -pic175-jpg  

Last edited by DKD5087; 03-11-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: image missing