This is a discussion on 2nd appeal... within the Ask for Framing an RTI Question forums, part of the RTI Community Support category; I submitted an RTI query to our university on 26th march. The questions were: 1. The amount of OBC grant received by the School of Life Sciences during financial years ...
- 05-04-2012, 09:15 PM #1Just Popping In
- Join Date
- May 2011
- C K Mitra
- Blog Entries
I submitted an RTI query to our university on 26th march. The questions were:
1. The amount of OBC grant received by the School of Life Sciences during financial years 11-12, 10-11, 9-10.
2. The division of the OBC grant in the School of Life Sciences between the departments and the basis thereof.
3. The amount of OBC grant received by the Dept of Biochemistry during the same time period and the details of the expenditure (with the names of the proposers, dates, purchases made).
4. The purpose for which the grant was sanctioned to the university (copy of the sanction letter may please be provided, if applicable).
As I did not get any reply, I submitted a FAA on 2nd May.
I received a reply (highly unsatisfactory):
A1: No specific grant is sanctioned /received from the UGC for school of Life Sciences.
A2: No specific allocation is made to school /Department
A3: No specific allocation is made to Dept of Biochemistry. Expenditure based on the availability of funds was met from the XI plan initially and transferred to OBC later keeping in view the availability of funds and the orders of the competent authority
A4: Copy of the sanction letter, which is self explantatory, is attached.
The sanction latter, dated July 10, 2008, mentioned that 104.94 crores has been sanctioned.
Answer to all the questions appear evasive.
I have asked (Q3) for the details of the expenditure but the answer is extremely vague.
I wish to make a 2nd appeal. However, the first appeal is pending still (but I received the cryptic reply in 2 days time).
They are extremely reluctant to post the details of the expenditures.
Can I file the appeal with the CIC immediately?
- 05-04-2012, 09:34 PM #2
Re: 2nd appeal...
FAA can 45 days (max) to pass decision so you need to wait for 55 days from the date of your FA and in case of unsatisfactory response or no response file 2nd Appeal.
IN between you may file REJOINDER/ADDENDUM to FA. Please refer:
Should I prefer First Appeal once again or should I approach the CIC ?
RTI to CIC for Residential addresses