Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Physical handicapped medical certificate

Sir,
    i am ortho pedic handicapped and with polio effected on both my lower limb with more than 80% disability. I am not saying that this is my problem but problem of all the physical handicapped faceing in this state. Govt has provided facilities for physically handicapped persons in different department but to use the facilities we have to produce medical certificate in their format. for eg railway concession the format prescribed by railway department, for income tax exemption for PH the format prescribed by income tax department and so on. But when this format is taken to the Govt hospital the doctor says that they cannot sign that format instead you under go medical board take that certificate. I tried to conveniece the doctor that i am ready to under go the medical board but the certificate issued by them would not meet the requirement of that particular department because they want their own format while i am utilising their facilities. This is the problem which i have found with all the PH come for the departmental form for filling. I have to say a fact with lot of grief which i found in the Govt hospital the doctors and the office staffs makes us run up and down with out any sympathy more over if the person who pays will get the prescribed format signed
    Sir i request you to help us to resolve this issue

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.32%
    Monthly Activity
    1535.63%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Physical handicapped medical certificate

RTI will not be of much help to you here, at least at this stage.

The best would be to form groups (or through a association) bring this to the notice of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment at the centre and the relevant Ministry at the state level.
    Follow me on Twitter @cjkarira

Name:
    jatin sharma
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.33%
    Monthly Activity
    14.86%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per persons of disabilities (equal oppurtunities,protection of rights and full participation) rules,1996 Sec 4,5,6 speaks of Authorities to give disability certificate,however, it doesn't speak of different type of format for different concessions. It also says that the certificate issued by the medical board under rule 5 shall apply for facilities,concessions and benefits admissible under schemes of the Govt or Non- Government Organisations subject to such conditions as the Central or the State Government may impose. So I think yes , RTI will be useful for this cause. Now here is the address-
    The CPIO (Implementation of PWD Act 1995), Mnistry of social justice & empowernment,Shastri bhawan, New Delhi-110001,PH-23383464
    Ask them through RTI of the all formats , you have been asked by several departments as under Sec 5 of Persons of Disabilities (equal oppurtunities,protection of rights and full participation) rules,1996.
    Try this in your application-
    Background- Write all you have asked from different departments.
    Info reqd-
    1. Please provide all formats of disability certificate given under Sec 5 of Persons of Disabilities (equal oppurtunities,protection of rights and full participation) rules,1996.
    2. Please provide Contact Nos, Address,Name of designated officers if refusal to Disability certificate is made to me or any medical authority refuse to take medical examination inspite my disability clearly visible to all.
    Keep me informed if you need further framing for the purpose.

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.67%
    Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plz write to either State Commissioner for PwD of your state or Department of Disbility Affairs, GOI.

Here is the new circular on revised forms for Disability Certificate (2013)

http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/Cir....-29112013.pdf
    Likes karira liked this post

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.38%
    Monthly Activity
    500.23%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jatin Sharma View Post
    As per persons of disabilities (equal oppurtunities,protection of rights and full participation) rules,1996 Sec 4,5,6 speaks of Authorities to give disability certificate,however, it doesn't speak of different type of format for different concessions. It also says that the certificate issued by the medical board under rule 5 shall apply for facilities,concessions and benefits admissible under schemes of the Govt or Non- Government Organisations subject to such conditions as the Central or the State Government may impose. So I think yes , RTI will be useful for this cause. Now here is the address- Ask them through RTI of the all formats , you have been asked by several departments as under Sec 5 of Persons of Disabilities (equal oppurtunities,protection of rights and full participation) rules,1996.
    Try this in your application-
    Background- Write all you have asked from different departments.
    Info reqd-
    1. Please provide all formats of disability certificate given under Sec 5 of Persons of Disabilities (equal oppurtunities,protection of rights and full participation) rules,1996.
    2. Please provide Contact Nos, Address,Name of designated officers if refusal to Disability certificate is made to me or any medical authority refuse to take medical examination inspite my disability clearly visible to all.
    Keep me informed if you need further framing for the purpose.
    Here is the copy of the Act : The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (Page 1) - About the Division - Empowerment of Persons With Disabilities: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India

Sections-4,5 & 6 are dealing with the Central Co-ordinating Committee. Information mentioned in [1] & [2] may not serve the purpose of the applicant.

As per 2001 Census, there are 2.1% differently abled persons in India, roughly little more than 2 crores. Everybody must have concern for the welfare of them. The problem is that the better abled persons clandestinely obtain bogus certificates and avail every welfare opportunity meant for Differently Abled persons. The PH Medical Certificate is issued by the State Authorities. Welfare schemes are indroduced/implemented by Central & State Govts. Though there are Co-ordination Committees at all levels, this real issue regarding certification is still a problem. It is more of harassment than that of welfare.

As already suggested in Post#2, thorugh an organised group, like the National Association for the Differently Abled Persons, approach the Central Coordination Committee for streamlining the process of issuance of PH Certificate and Standardization of Certificate Format for all the identified categories i.e. Physical, Visual, Mental etc., like that of the certificate issued for SC, ST & OBC. This would obviate the requirement of obtaining separate certificates for separate puroses like income tax concession, railway concession, admission to educational institutions etc.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.67%
    Monthly Activity
    1.88%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Few issues to be clarified here:

1-Central coordination committees are not for general population rather they are administrative mechanisms for Chief Commissioner and State commissioners. You won't get any help writing to them.

2- You cannot write to CCPD since your matter pertains to State Commissioner.

3-For railway concession there is a separate form but NOT for income tax. Your Disability certificate copy is sufficient to get you rebate. Higher rebate is available for 70-100% disability.

4-You can only get the disability certificate from the govt hospital at your hometown and not at another one. If your disability is permanent, make sure it is written on the certificate else you would have to come again to renew it.

I find the term 'better abled person' as quoted above amusing since we all are 'temporarily abled body'. Any body can get a fracture and feel the 'specially abled' life (pun intended).
    Likes karira liked this post