Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Validity of OBC certificate issued from Bihar

Hello mam,
    My father is class II Employee in Indian Army. I got my OBC (Non Creamy Layer) certificate from Bihar in Apr 2011. Is my cert reqd revalidated in 2012 for seeking admission in Govt Engineering colleges ?

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    8.13 MB
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.96%
    Monthly Activity
    10.22%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Validity of OBC certificate issued from Bihar

Please go through this link:

Circular Portal

and

Circular Portal
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Monthly Activity
    0.16%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Validity of OBC certificate issued from Bihar

hello mam...
    i read ths on HOME PAGE plz have a luk at it and tell me what u thnk of ths??????

ANY PERSON OF INDIA, ABLE TO SHOW “WHERE IS THE COLUMN TO WRITE GOVT. SALARY INCOME IN
    PRESCRIBED CENTRAL APPLICATION FORM TO GET OBC CERTIFICATE?” WILL BE AWARDED “CASH PRIZE”
    (The CENTRAL APPLICATION FORM is available on website HOME PAGE)

Dear Sirs,

The eligible OBC candidates are not getting caste certificate due to misinterpretation of
    creamy layer criteria Dt. 08.09.1993, especially in case of sons/daughters of government servants.

NORMALLY AN OBC CANDIDATE HAVING PARENT’S SALARY INCOME ABOVE
    Rs. 4.50 LAKH DONT TRIES TO GET OBC NON-CREAMYLAYER CASTE CERTIFICATE,
    WHICH IS A TOTALLY WRONG CONCEPT.

In creamy-layer criteria issued by Ministry of Personnel (DOPT) Government of India New Delhi
    vide O.M. No.36012/22/93-Est. (SCT) dated 8.9.1993 (also adopted by Supreme Court in recent judgment on
    Civil writ petition no. 265/2006 of 27% obc reservation in Central higher educational institutions) following
    important point is misinterpreted due to which whole country is confused including OBCs and authorities
    issuing the caste certificate.

(1) Actually the annual income limit of Rs. 4.50 lakhs is not applicable to “government servant’s salary
    income” & “farmer’s agricultural income”. It is the limit for “business income” only.

(2) In rule- (6) showing the creamy-layer annual income criteria of Rs.4.50 lakhs following
    explanation is already given:

“Income from salaries or agricultural land shall not be clubbed with total income”

^^dqy okf"kZd vk; esa osru vFkok d`f"k Hkwfe ls izkIr vk; dks ugha tksM+k tk,xkA**

It means that income from salaries and agricultural land both will not be added with the
    annual income because to determine creamy layer status there are separate rule number (2) & (3) provided
    on the basis of “post held” for salaried persons & rule number (5) of “land holdings” for persons holding
    agricultural land. Hence they cannot be checked by salary/agricultural income.

(3) The criterion (2) & (3) clearly speaks that only the sons and daughter of following “government servants”
    will be treated as creamy-layer.
    (i) Parents, either of whom is a Class I officer. (Direct Recruitment)
    (ii) Parents, both of whom are Class II officers. (Direct Recruitment)
    (iii) Parents of whom only the father is a Class II officer and he gets into Class I at the age of 40 or earlier.
    (iv) In military, colonel and above.

“Other than the above 4, all the government servants are not creamy-layer.”

(4) The criteria (5) clearly speak that only following “farmers” will be treated as creamy-layer.
    (i) Having, only irrigated land which is equal to or more than 85% of the statuary ceiling area.
    (ii) The rule of exclusion will not apply if the land holding of a family is exclusively un-irrigated.

A very clear creamy layer clarification regarding not to include salary and agricultural income
    vide DOPT O.M. dated 14 October 2004 Para-10, is also available on website HOME PAGE.

“This information may please be circulated to all.”

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription