IT Income Tax Refund for Company and Individual
by, 03-31-2011 at 09:19 PM (2809 Views)
Please find mentioned below some key information regarding tracking of IT Income Tax refund for Company and Individual, that may save some time and hassles:
- If you have filed ITR electronically (which is usually the case now days) :
- If amount is less than Rs. 25,000/- , the refund is automatically remitted to the account no. you mentioned while filing of ITR.
- If amount is more than Rs. 25,000/- , then a cheque is couriered (address would be PAN-address / company-regd.-addr., and its details are mentioned below)
- If you have filed ITR manually, by submitting a physical form, then for any refunds, you need to contact the Assessing Officer of that area/location.
- You can track ITR refund status through the weblink: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html (Give Company PAN no. and Assessment Year)
- If a refund cheque is dispatched by tax-dept., it would show that status and give a POD / AWB / Tracking no. of EMS Speed Post; and its detailed movement (incl. the local post-office)
- If your mobile-no. is registered with the Income Tax dept. (and you can also register your mobile no. by calling 1800 425 2229), then they say that they would send an intimation whenever the refund is processed.
- For refund cheques:
- Refund cheque is sent through EMS Speed Post.
- The address to which the refund is sent is as per what is mentioned while filing of ITR – For companies, usually this address is the company-regd.-addr. or PAN-address (For individual, this is usually the PAN-address)
- To get refunds to a different address, first you need to change the PAN-address / company-regd.-addr. (as required), and after 1-week, call 1800 425 2229, for reprocessing the refund.
- PS: The post-office said that they need company-stamp while receiving the courier of the cheque (not sure about this)Some Contact Info.:
- If the cheque is not received at the address, a not-delivered-slip is given. The post-office nearby keeps the packet for 4 to 5 days, and you can collect personally by taking the not-delivered-slip and your co. stamp (preferably between 9.30 and 11 am, and sometimes till 12 pm, separate counter handles these cases)
- Web-link to find the phone numbers of local Post Office: Welcome to the Indiapost Website
- 1800 425 2229 or 080-43456700: CPC, Bangalore (Central Processing Center for processing Income Tax Refunds)
- They ask-for / verify details like PAN No., PAN-address / Company-regd.-addr., Postal Addr., Account No. mentioned in ITR, MICR Code of that account-no.
- This is the main phone no. and you can contact them for various requests of refund-processing for a particular A.Y. (assessment year) like:
- Querying regarding status of refund (e.g. if a cheque has been couriered, etc.)
- Request for "reprocessing" the refund cheque (say when the cheque-courier was not received, or address was changed, etc.)
- Request for "rectification" of refund-amount (say you received a less refund amount that what you were expecting)
- For registering your mobile-no. , so that they would send an intimation whenever the refund is processed
- www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in : Website of Income Tax Dept. for eFiling
- 1800 425 9760 (SBI Contact Center): For payment related query (Probably, one can use this number for any problem in the physical cheque received, or maybe even in case of online transfer)
Do let me know in case of any corrections, and feel free to forward it if you want. It may just be useful for someone else.
RTI India Message
Total Trackbacks 0