How to File RTI application for delay in Income Tax Refund
by, 06-08-2008 at 08:02 PM (58852 Views)
GUIDELINES FOR GETTING INCOME TAX REFUND ORDERS
10. Please also try https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html
- You should get refund order maximum within 12 months from end of financial year in which I.T. return is filed
- If you do not get refund as above submit by regd. ad post letter as per annexure A. with its enclosures.
- If no refund or reply is received within 30 days, file RTI application as per annexure B. Enclose IPO for Rs.10/- in the name of Accounts Officer, Income Tax Dept, Govt of India and made payable at the place of submission of RTI application. IPO is available at near-by post office. Also enclose photocopy of annexure A and its enclosures.
- If no action is taken within 35-40 days of mailing RTI application, file first appeal by referring here within next 35-40 days, contact local RTI activists for preferring second and final appeal to Central Information Commission, New Delhi. You may try yourself by referring here!
- Avoid visiting Income Tax Office. You may waste time, money and energy and will have unpleasant experience of govt. office ! Deal through regd/speed ad post. Avoid courier service.
- Retain photocopy of all papers sent to IT Dept. for future reference.
- Concerned Income Tax Assessing Officer is the CPIO of the ward.
- You can visit www.incometaxindia.gov.infor guidance.
- U can also refer the matter to Income Tax Ombudsman, details of which are on website mentioned at 8 above.
Our experience shows that in most of the cases, only RTI application or indication that RTI application will follow, yields the result.
Your follow-up as above will benefit you and also improve the system of the dept so that other assesses will also get refunds in time.
All the good luck to you.
Download the Sample Form here for Income Tax Refund!
(from RTI India. info)0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Recommendation, 0 Interesting
RTI India Message
Total Trackbacks 0