Delay in Passport Ghaziabad
by, 10-07-2011 at 08:47 PM (1231 Views)
I had applied for passport on May 10th, 2011. However after 4 months nothing was done by the RPO. I went there twice asking for the update and they said with in 15 Days, you would receive your passport but after wasting of time I did not receive it.
What I had to do for obtaining the passport, it might help you guys. Please check below;
1. Application for the Passport 10/05/2011.
2. Police verification 30/05/2011.
3. Online Status Update by Passport office for clearance of Police verification 15/06/2011.
4. Filed RTI on 29/08/2011.
5. Got a reply from RPO Ghaziabad on 30/09/2011.
6. Online status got changed on 03/10/2011. (Passport has been granted. Passport expected to be dispatch by 14/10/2011).
Sample of Right To Information for Passport & Find Reply of Right To Information by RPO Ghaziabad below;
Central Public Information Officer,
Shri Amrendra Kumar Sengar
Passport Officer, CGO Complex-I
Hapur Chungi, Kamla Nehru Nagar
Subject: RTI Act-2005 for Delay in Passport File# GZB-********-11.
1. On what date has the RPO received applications for File# GZB-*******-11 and under your receipt numbers.
2. The chronological sequence of events and actions taken by the officers and staff of the RPO in processing the above application along with all the documentary evidences, in the following format (separately for each application):-
1. Name and Designation of the concerned staff or officer of the RPO, Ghaziabad.
2. Date of receipt of the applications by concerned staff or officer of RPO, Ghaziabad.
3. Action taken OR procedure followed by the concerned staff or officer with respect to application.
4. Date of disposal of the matter by the concerned staff member or officer of RPO, Ghaziabad.
5. Date on which the application was sent for further procedures to other sections, departments or higher officials of the RPO.
6. The exact status of my above mentioned application at present, where are the application currently pending, with which staff member or officer are they pending, the reason for which they are currently pending and the date since when they are pending with the said staff member or officer of the RPO, Ghaziabad.
2. The reason or reasons for the application not being disposed off in spite of over 5 months have passed since we submitted our application for Passport.
3. Is there any benchmark time limit set by the RPO, Ghaziabad or any other Passport Issuing authority for issuing Passport, either in its Citizens Charter or any other internal documents?
4. If, yes, a copy of the Citizens Charter or the internal document may kindly be supplied.
5. On an average, during the calendar year 2011, what was the average time taken for the dispatch of the Passport from RPO, Ghaziabad? Time to be calculated from the time application was received by the RPO, Ghaziabad, till the time passport was dispatched by speed post or received by the applicant.
6. Has the RPO, Ghaziabad or any of his officers or staff taken any corrective measures or made any efforts to reduce delay in dispatch of the passport?
7. If yes, please provide documentary evidence of such steps taken or any efforts made.
Please find the enclosed document;
1. Right to information fee Rs. 10 India Postal Order in the favor of CPIO, Passport Office, Ghaziabad (UP).
2. Acknowledgement of the passport application fee.
3. Online status of the passport application.
Date: ____________ Thanks,
Reply of Right To Information by RPO Ghaziabad below;
Government of India
Ministry of External Affairs
Passport Office, Ghaziabad
Gram: PASSEM GHAZIABAD
Phone: 0120-2721876, 2721779
Kamla Nehru Nagar,
Subject:- Seeking information under RTI Act, 2005 -Reg.
Ref.. :- Your letter dated 29.08.2011 (Received on 30.08.2011)
Please refer to your letter noted above for seeking some information regarding delay in issue of your Passport against file No.A*******/11 under RTI Act. The parawise reply of your queries are as under:-
1 & 2. Your passport application was registered in this office on 10.05.2011. The daily progress made on your application and the names and designations of the officers/functionaries who took the action on your passport application is given below:-
Action taken, Date of action Taken, Name and designation of the Officers /Functionaries
Registration______________ 10.05.2011_____Shri Kundan Singh, UDC
PAC Status Updation_______10.05.2011_____Shri Jai Bhagwan, TO.
Index Status Updation______10.05.2011______Shri Jandail Singh, LDC
Image Scan______________02.06.2011______Shri Jandail Singh, LDC
Police Status Updation______14.06.2011_____Shri Jandail Singh, LDC
Processing of file__________23.09.2011______Shri Pawan Kumar, LOC
Granting Officer___________23.09.2011______Smt. Raj Khanna, PGO
Grant Status Updation______27.09.2011______Shri Manoj Kumar Silswal, OA
Passport Allotment________27.09.2011______Shri Manoj Kumar Silswal, OA
2. A passport No. J******* has' been allotted to you on 27.09.2011 which is being dispatched shortly subject to usual checks.
3. There is heavy workload and shortage of manpower in this office.
4-5. No such time limit has been raid down in the Passport Act, 1967 for issuance of a passport. However, as per the Citizen Charter, the ideal time for issuance of passport is 30 days subject to receipt of clear police verification report and all other documents being in order. For further details you may visit
6. The average time for issuance of a passport is difficult to calculate, as it is different for different groups i.e. re-issue, lost, government servant, damage, tatkal, ordinary etc.
7-8. At present there is nothing on record to reply to your query. At present this office has not gone into question of deciding fault, if any of any official.
In case you are not satisfied with this reply, you may prefer a first appeal to Shri Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi, Joint Secretary(PSP) & Chief Passport Officer, Room No.8, Patiala House Annexe, Ministry of External Affairs, Tilak Marg, New Delhi-11 0001 within 30 days from the date of receipt of this Order.
(Amrendra Kumar Sengar, IPS)
Passport Officer & CPIO
RTI India Message
Total Trackbacks 0