This section should be treated for all sections of the RTI INDIA website, and all below mentioned rules apply to posting content over any part of website.
We welcome all Citizens who are interested in Right to Information. Generally RTI India follows categorization rules, where in you are expected to raise relevant query or post in relevant forum board.
However if we found any Thread/Post mis-classified we will quietly move that to proper place.
- All Posts/threads/blogs/uploads/images/articles/members profile once made or created by the member at RTI INDIA including forums, blogs, directory and elsewhere become integral part of the RTI INDIA website. The user must be careful before posting any content which may harm him or others in any way during the time of posting or in future. The content once posted cannot be deleted/edited/modified by the poster. This is a public forum, and all posts will be searchable. All posts should be consistent with the forum guidelines.
While we do not want to limit the spirit of civil disagreement, we reserve the right to decline to publish unacceptable content and to remove it if we find it on the Sites. We also reserve the right to edit submitted content, as we deem necessary. These edits will typically consist of censoring obscene or inappropriate language and correcting bad code, and we will make every effort to preserve the intended meaning of the original message.
As you can understand the first lesson to is discipline, we would only enforce that to those non-complying with following restrictions of forum rules.
Unacceptable content includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Statements that are intended as a personal attack or are abusive, harassing, or threatening
- Defamatory or knowingly false statements
- Information about another user or another private individual of a private or personal nature that does not have news value
- Irrelevant statements, SPAM, or unsolicited advertising
- Materials that violate the copyright, trademark, or trade secret rights of others that are not otherwise authorized by law, such as fair use
- Statements that trick or attempt to entice users into visiting a potentially harmful external link or downloading a piece of badware
Site administrators and/or moderators will determine what is “unacceptable content” on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to change these standards at any time. We also reserve the right to remove links to unacceptable off-site content at any time.
No request of for editing/deleting/modifying the post/thread/attachment would be entertain on normal circumstances. On exceptional cases, the super moderators exercise the rights to do the needful on their full discretion. All such requests would only be processed in 3 working days or by the time specified explicitly by the team members by email communication within three days of receipt of the request. All such request should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RTI India forums and Blogs cannot be used to Name any person in particular. Especially, we do not allow posting of name of Public Information officers/ Appellate Authorities or others. Also we do not allow discussions on personal competence of CIC/Information Commissioner and any remarks on individual decision making of Public Information Officer/Officers/CIC/Information Commissioner or Judges, however discussions on the decisions is allowed to an extent to bring out the critical analysis on the issue. All posts should be made with an intention of bringing only the content and matter related to Right to Information Act.
- We do not allow terms for example like 'Officer is corrupt', 'Public Information Officer do not know this', 'the Decision is wrong' e.t.c which are presumptions in nature. Every posts alleging some Officer, Organisation, department, Ministries, Individuals should be made in a respectful manner, and as far as authentic as possible.
- RTI India cannot be used as platform by any means to demean any Government, Ministry, Department, Office, Officer, or any official or the Citizen or the organisation nor it is meant for crusade against them.
- RTI India does not support any campaign against corruption or otherwise nor does any movement against the Government, Organisation, Ministries, Department, Units, Government Officers, Government Servants, or any Official or individual citizen.
- RTI India do not allow any 'Named' reference to Public Information Officer, Appellant Authority or the CIC/State Information Commission. We strongly discourage any posts content propagating the same and we actively pursue moderating such posts made by members of RTI India.
- We do not allow posting of telephone numbers, postal address, email address or any other personal details of either the poster or of any other in the forums, Blogs, Guide or any other public accessible place. Any personal communications to be made can be done through the use of Private Messages or through email system of RTI India. The RTI INDIA team will actively pursue removal of such details. Because of the sheer number of posts, it may not be possible to moderate all the posts, and therefore, each member is requested to report posts and content which breaks the rules.
- Members are requested to bring into our notice any posts made in contravention of this rule as soon as possible. We reserve the right to moderate, edit, modify, and delete the threads and Posts with or without informing the thread / post owners or others.
- We also reserve the right to warn, give infractions, Publicly give warning, Ban or even delete the Member in case the Forum Rule are broken or is believe to threaten the peace of the community and existence of website cause or otherwise. No appeal lies after the decision is made either to Site Administrators, other 3rd Parties to restore the Thread/Post/Member.
- No live external links to any sites. We also do not allow external site links in the signatures for registered members. if we find any live external link posted in the signature or in the forum post we would delete it with or without notice. Members cannot post external links to any site which are flaming, inflammatory, dis-respectful, which are in the nature of allegations or against individual(s). Only helpful links which help in RTI knowledge can be posted after explicit approval of the RTI INDIA Team. No appeal lies to restore or insert any links over any part of the website.
- No advertisements either in the post nor in the signature.
- No selling of material, books or any other thing which indicates any commercial motives, without explicit permission from RTI India team.
- No Fake names or fake posts. In case of any violation of the same, we have the technologies and competence to track the IP address and location thereof of the user and would cooperate with the legal authorities for the same.
- No blaming, abuse and no arguments.
- Staff decisions are final. Ultimately, staff has complete discretion over what is and is not acceptable on the site.
- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site team via PM or write to us here email@example.com. Also we do not permit rating or comparison with other sites. We however, let members critically review, evaluate and help us improve with our own standards and previous status.
- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
- No "Flaming". Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.
- No "Trolling". Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.
- No "Spamming". Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site with the same message. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count or "install" count.
- No "Bumping" (Your threads/posts): Please do not repeatedly bump your threads to try and get attention. Most members of the site are not online 24 hours a day and so will not see your post the instant it is made. Do not bump a thread within 24 hours, and not more than twice a week.
- No "Bumping" (Other's threads/posts): Before replying to a thread, take notice of the last post date. Try and avoid replying to posts more than 6 months old. If you have a similar question and cannot find the answer, create your own thread.
- No Offensive Material Please do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, and/or otherwise violate of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, posted images, photos and avatars. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
- No spreading of any copyrighted material is to take place on this site without the express permission of the copyright holder, which must be attached to the material.
- No Trading: This site is not a market place.
- No posting messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, email address, business, MLM, activity, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (ie. no self-promotion).
- All the Blog Posts are moderated before they are published. All blogs should follow the above guidelines. There should be no mention of names of Public Information Officer, officers, individuals in the post, it should be related to the RTI, we do not allow public mobilization, news posting, and flaming at any blog. We reserve the right to approve, delete, edit, modify the content and attachment of the blog post. Similarly all blog comments are moderated and are subject to moderation by our team members.
- All Uploads made at the Directory segment need to follow guidelines mentioned in the directory segment.
- RTI INDIA Owners, Administrators and Moderators reserves the right to promote any content posted in the website to articles without any notice. However, on request or complaint the same would be modified, deleted or severed according to the wisdom of RTI INDIA owners, administrators or moderators.
- All news comments are moderated before they are published and are subject to the above guidelines enforced by our moderator team
Please note that this is a PG-13 rated site and therefore is meant to suitable for all ages, including under 13s with parental guidance/permission.
If any of the above guidelines are not followed by any of the RTI India member, we reserve the right to delete, split, warn, or edit the post or ban or delete the member itself.
If you find any violation of above terms kindly report us at [admin AT rtiindia.org]
If you do not agree to above rules while posting any content, you are advised to leave the website with immediate effect.
You should read our User Agreement in conjunction with the forum rules for using our site.
RTI India Team
Last Updated: Nov 2013