• Success in getting Passport in two days: Hey Bhagwan!!

Dear Members - I was quite confused about choosing a right forum to post this update. I wasn't able to decide whether to call it a success for RTI or disasters happening due to fear of RTI. Long story short, after waiting for 5 months post filing my passport renewal application, I filed a RTI application using format given on this site (Thanks for the same). I received reply from PIO after 35 days without answering any of the questions raised. To my shock, in response to question regarding providing proof of despatch to Police for verification, reply states that since I have filed application at one of their outsourced centre, they don't track police verification done by them. They don't have any records of police verification done by outsourced centre (in this case Post office) & oh God, they issued me passport without any police verification!!! Further, creating a world record, passport was in my hand within 2 working days post its issue.

No doubt, it all happened due to powers of RTI however I am just wondering, this fear of RTI can cause disaster is procedures are not followed.

I would be eager to hear view of seniors.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Hey Bhagwan!! started by moneybhai View original post
      Comments 9 Comments
        ambrish.p -
        Dear Member

Congrats on your success with RTI !

regards
        jps50 -
        Congrats. please guide and help others use RTI for solving their problems with Govt Offices.
        sivak64 -
        Any how, you have succeeded. Congrats.
        rajyadav017 -
        Quote Originally Posted by jps50 View Post
        Congrats. please guide and help others use RTI for solving their problems with Govt Offices.

This is the power of rti act.
        dushbaraut -
        Yeah, it is a success. But what everyone missed is the question you raised. How can they flout the procedure, and that too so important and necessary for national security related issues. I think now you should file another RTI seeking information on how can they do so, seek punishment against the erring officials also. Or you can go for complaining directly against them.
        ambrish.p -
        Quote Originally Posted by dushbaraut View Post
        Yeah, it is a success. But what everyone missed is the question you raised. How can they flout the procedure, and that too so important and necessary for national security related issues.
        Dear Meber

Police verification not required in case of renewal of passport (if not expired).

regards
        dushbaraut -
        @ambrish P - actually I was under impression that it is essential, and my belief was supported by the narration of moneybhai. If no police verification is needed then well and good. Another feather in the cap of RTI act.
        krkumar -
        this is rti
        Jagmender -
        Quote Originally Posted by dushbaraut View Post
        Yeah, it is a success. But what everyone missed is the question you raised. How can they flout the procedure, and that too so important and necessary for national security related issues. I think now you should file another RTI seeking information on how can they do so, seek punishment against the erring officials also. Or you can go for complaining directly against them.

Yeah ! you must seek the details of the procedure they followed in issuing the passport
        within two days, this will either help other applicant to follow the same path or if they have issued the PP out of fear, than they should be punished for not following the laid down norms of issuing PP and shut up your mouth by just pleasing you by issuing the PP . It's up to applicant's consius.
    • Featured Network

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription