Attached are the RTI Rules for Arunachal Pradesh.
Some of the rules are really strange and contravene the basic RTI Act itself:
1. Application in Form A
Receipt to be given for every application.
Receipt contains a clause that if applicant does not turn up to collect
the information on the appointed day, Public Information Officer will not be responsible for the delay.
2. If application does not pertain to that particular Public Information Officer, he will return it
to applicant in Form B (Outside the jurisdiction of competent authority) (contravenes Sec 6(3))
3. If application by email, fees to be paid by Treasury Challan within 7 days, otherwise application is treated as withdrawn. In such a case application fee will not be refunded
4. Rejection by Public Information Officer under Sec 8 of the RTI Act in Form C
5. Public Information Officer's reply in Form D.
Public Information Officer's reply only for information pertaining to his department.
Othrwise Public Information Officer will reject rest of the information.
6. Appeal time limits are against the Act (30 days and 60 days)
7. Penalties under Sec 20 are:
Rs 50 per day
Subject to Max. of Rs. 500
For false information Max. of Rs 1000
8. Suo Moto disclosure: The rules specify time limits like once every 5 years, once every 3 years, etc....
9. Application Fee is Rs 50.00 but application fee with respect to information tenders/bids/quotations/business contracts is Rs 500.00
(are different application fees allowed for different types of information ?)
Any members on this forum from Arunachal Pradesh ?