A.P. RTI RULES
ANDHRA PRADESH RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES
State rules do not provide for a format for application for seeking information under RTI Act 2005. Applicants can therefore use format annexed herewith.
A] Application Fee:
- Public Authorities at Village level – NO FEE
- Public Authorities at Mandal level – Rs. 5.00
- All other Public Authorities – Rs. 10.00
- White card holders: NIL
Mode of payment:
- By Demand Draft or Banker’s Cheque or Indian Postal Order [IPO] in the name of “Accounts Officer, name of dept/office” to which application is submitted [e.g. “Accounts Officer, Municipal Corporation, Guntur”] payable at the place where application is filed.
- By affixing court fee stamp on the application [This mode should be preferred or IPO be used]
- By direct payment in cash against proper receipt of SPIO.
B] Other charges:
- Rs.2/- per page created / copied for A4 / A3 sizes;
- actual charges for larger paper;
- Actual cost / price for samples / models;
- For inspection of records : Rs.5/- per hour or part thereof. First hour is free.
- Rs.100/- per CD, Rs.200/- per DVD
- Actual cost of books and other printed matter.
- Postage charges: actual
Charges can be paid in the mode stated under A supra
a. Rules provide no format for first/second appeal or complaint.
b. No fees are charged for appeals/complaint.
c. Guidelines and suggested formats for appeals/complaint are available at following links:
SECOND APPEAL/COMPLAINT STATE:
Second appeal/complaint should be addressed to the State Information Commission at following address.
4. ADDRESS OF STATE INFORMATION COMMISSION
ANDHRA PRADESH Information Commission
Ground Floor, HACA Bhavan, OPP Public Gardens. Hyderabad 500004
Phone 040- 23230245/246 , 040- 23230607
Fax 040- 23230591
5. RTI ACTIVISTS IN A. P
Shri C J Karira
Secunderabad - 500026
Tel: 040-27733114, 27732227
Shri Srinivas Madhav
Centre for Good Governance
9. Format for RTI Application:
THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION
Date: ________ By speed/regd .AD post
STATE PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
1. Name of the Applicant:
2. Full Address [with phone No.]:
3. Particulars of information required:
4. Details of payment of filing fees:
5. Details of enclosures:
6. Please rush the information to me by speed/registered post.
I am an Indian citizen. Please reply in English.
7. Please also provide me file notings and action taken report on this application along with your reply.
Signature of Applicant
Short guidelines for applying:
1. Decide the exact information you desire to have with period etc. Do not ask questions. Seek information and copies of record relating to your matter.
2. Locate the exact SPIO/Asstt SPIO and his address of concerned Govt. office by visiting website of relevant ministry/dept/undertaking etc [called Public Authority i.e. PA] or by visiting/contacting on phone local office of PA.
3. If you cannot get it as above, address application to SPIO of concerned office or Head Office or ministry to whom the information may pertain. He will mail to correct SPIO within five days of receipt of your application.
4. Please pay application fee as prescribed above.
5. Attach self-attested photocopies of papers, which you think would help locate the information by SPIO.
6. Retain photocopy of entire set.
7. Mail by speed/regd. AD post. Avoid courier/hand delivery. Usually RTI applicants are not welcome at govt. offices.
8. Carefully retain postal proof of mailing, AD.
9. Remit other charges promptly as mentioned above, if requested by SPIO.
10. If you do not receive reply within 40 days, including postal delay, from the date of mailing by you; prepare to file first appeal to the FIRST APPELLATE AUTHORITY. You have 30 days time from the date when information should have reached you, for first appeal.
11. If you receive reply and are not satisfied with it, then within 30 days of receipt of reply by you, you should file first appeal.
12. It is advisable to consult local RTI NGO/activists/useful website like www.rtiindia.org for first and second appeals or complaint for better results.
Compiled on 28-03-2009 based on following G.Os.:
WE GET GOVT WE DESERVE. WHAT DO YOU PLAN FOR 2013?